Blacksn0w gives me free data roaming!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pogoyoyo, Nov 10, 2009.

1. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just noticed today that with data roaming off, and im on a pay as you go account with fido, with wifi turned off to save battery, having a 2g sim card from fido, but with 3g enabled on the iphone, i somehow was able to load facebook in class today. So i checked safari and it aswell loaded a web page. I checked ootunes to see if i can listen to radio, and surely it streamed without a problem, even high bitrate ones like 192kbps!!! I downloaded the speedtest.net app and the highest speed i got was 1560kilobits/second, which is like almost 200kb/s... now im not too sure what 3G speeds are supposed to be at, but im pretty sure my 2g sim card is not capable of 3g speeds, but 200kb/s seems a bit fast for 2g internet?
    If someone doesnt believe me i can screenshot the usage page.. but i duno how i can prove that im on pay as you go... maybe if i take a picture of my sim card? its the 2g one?
    OH and im not getting charged for it, my pay as u go account was at 80 cents, and is still there.
  2. linkiboy

linkiboy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If it's true then good for you man...just don't tell too many people or they'll fix the bug at fido...
  3. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Better yet delet the post... They could be reading...
  4. Mz8691

Mz8691 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea, idk bout iphone but i get free internet on verizon lol. Pre-Paid. Mi-Fi.