Blackrain questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Necrid X, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Necrid X

Necrid X New Member

So I just bought the new Ipod touch 3g and i found out about blackrain but i do have a couple questions:

-Correct me if im wrong but everytime i completely shut off my ipod i need to connect it to my PC and run blackrain since this is tethered
    -If i jailbreak using Blackrain when Chronic's non tethered jailbreak comes out will i be able to jailbreak my ipod touch with that or if i jailbreak with blackrain im doomed to the blackrain jailbreak
    -Is blackrain useful or is that tethered thing a pain in the neck : )

Sorry for asking these questions but im a noob : )
  2. iTam

iTam Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    tethered is a pain in the neck. I'm going to every jailbreak anymore becasue of it.
  3. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    1. This is helpful.
    2. You know you can always restore, correct? No one knows the exact details about chronic's jailbreak.
    3. It depends what you want the jailbreak for. Tethered is not a pain in the neck for me. You never turn it off really. And it is easy to re-jailbreak, 30 seconds.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. Yes, you must re-jailbreak each time you turn it back on.
    2. You may jailbreak through the blackra1n method and if Chronic Dev releases an untethered jailbreak, you may restore and re-jailbreak using theirs.
    3. Tethered may be a pain but it's currently the only way to jailbreak your iPod touch 3G.