blackra1n won't reboot my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hsartoris, May 17, 2010.

1. hsartoris

hsartoris New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    my computer crashed. (relatively unrelated)

then i rebooted my tethered itouch 3g after installing ultrasn0w through rock (having cydia problems).

i tried running blackra1n on a PPC powerbook g4 running mac osx 10.4. nothing happened at all.

i then tried on an intel macbook running 10.5. saw geohot picture, and then shut down again.

got my computer working, ran blackra1n from windows xp. same result as on 10.5.

rebooting through blackra1n has worked previously for me, and i have tried restarting apple mobile device services.

is there any way i can fix this, or just get my ipod working (short of a restore)?
  2. RiddiMReddemption

RiddiMReddemption New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    black ra1n

this is just a suggestion if you do a restore use spirit jailbreak and you will be able to reboot without a program it has worked for me http://spiritjb.com/
  3. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ...why did you download ultrasnow, you don't have an iPhone...? That could have easily caused your device to crash, as it tried to unlock and disable features that you don't have. You probably NEED to restore because of downloading that package.

And yes, as above poster said, use spirit when you restore to 3.1.3, you'll be untethered.
  4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    yeah, i was like why the HELL would you get ultrasn0w on an iPOD?
  5. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just restore. Use Spirit to jailbreak. It's untethered. Also don't install Ultrasn0w on an iPod. It is like putting the camera app on an iPod touch.