blackra1n vs redsn0w

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigBossMan, Jan 28, 2010.

1. BigBossMan

BigBossMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    idk if anyone has tried and seen the difference between blackra1n and redsn0w but i've jailbroken my 2 iphones and 2 ipod touch's with blackra1n cause it was the easiest way to do it but just recently i've learned the easiest is not always the best i've had so much problems with blackra1n lately with laggy typing in cydia and push doesn't work and wifi cuts off and youtube app doesn't connect,
    so today i though i take one of my iphone's and jailbroke it with the new redsn0w tool although there are extra steps with jailbraking with resn0w i really don't mind cause its fun lol but ive also notice that ever since i did jailbrake with redsn0w i didn't have n o lagging in typing in cydia i have grate wifi connection and the youtube app works grate not only that its faster in loading... Ive seen a major difference between both those jailbraking tools and i have to give blackra1n a 6 and redsn0w a 10.

and i've jailbroke all my idevices with redsn0w

and by all means i'm not putting down blackra1n at all its a very easy and grate tool but i just think redsn0w is a little better with performance wise

but the main reason for this post is not really sure if some people are having problems using blackra1n as i did vs using redsn0w i just kinda found it kinda interesting and educating
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    my ipod is jailbroken with blaCKRAIN AND cydia lags when typing so i just use rock. their nearly the same and rock seems more organized
  3. BigBossMan

BigBossMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ya i had the same problem do you have problem with push notifications and youtube
    and ya i know theres a app called push fix it did fix the youtube app but not the push
    so i tried redsn0w and now everything works on my iphones and ipods
  4. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i actually like the fact that redsn0w uses restore mode instead of DFU mode.I had a lot of problems with redsn0w with the 3.0 jailbreak but this one is just marvelous! I had such a big difference between redsn0w and blackra1n,and blackra1n isent that much easeier than redsn0w anyway.
    Blackra1n:5/10
    redsn0w:10/10
  5. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Redsn0w supports all devices except the ipt3.
    Blackra1n supports all devices.
    Redsn0w lets you use custom boot logos and more customization.
  6. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    dont use youtube so idk, deleted youtube a while back so dont remember
  7. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    my push doesnt work and i get really angry when i don't get texts and notices from facebook cuz im waiting for a response from someone

Please Register or Log in to view images

and should i restore and rejailbreak with redsn0w? then i'd lose a whole shiznit of stuff.
  8. ipodt0uch

ipodt0uch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    can u jailbreak ipod touch 3g 8gb with redsn0w but i already have blackra1n installed
  9. 3gmo64

3gmo64 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    redsnow for me is more convenient since you don't have to re jailbreak if you want to for example add a customized boot logo,which i've done several times since i upgraded from 2.2.1 to 3.1.3 using redsnow 9.4 without re jailbreaking-blackrain didn't work for me, but it was easy to use...
  10. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you mean 3.1.3 or 3.1.1?