iOS 3.1 Blackra1n to Spirit?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Thingula, May 8, 2010.

1. Thingula

Thingula Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have an iPod Touch 3rd Gen running OS 3.1.2 with Blackra1n. Can I upgrade to 3.1.3, then install Spirit?

Also, I tried using AppBackup to save my game data and AptBackup to reinstall all of my Cydia apps, but can't findthe folders with the backups via SSH.

Thanks in advance for any help

Please Register or Log in to view images

-Chris
  2. ipodtouch8gbjailbroken

ipodtouch8gbjailbroken New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try this actually http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2150280

Hi I just did this today. Basically with aptbackup when you click backup and it backs up just sync and backup with itunes and it will be backed up. I think the same goes for appbackup. Then restore to 3.1.3 and load your previous backup. It won't be jailbroken. Then download spirit and jailbreak your ipod touch. Once thats done you should have cydia installed. Install aptbackup from cydia and click restore. This may take a while so let it do its magic. And voila when it finished everything should be back to normal. I recommend rebooting your ipod touch because 1. check that it worked and is untethered and 2. to reboot the new apps you got from cydia. Hope this helped

3. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I used the same thing. Everything was just the way i left it. I had to reinstall some stuff, but other than that, worked perfectly.
  4. Thingula

Thingula Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It worked (almost) perfectly!!!

Thanks 