blackra1n - stuck at geo's face after clicking "make it rain"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mikeeey1337, Nov 18, 2009.

1. mikeeey1337

mikeeey1337 New Member

My iPod is already jailbroken, therefor when it's restarted I need blackra1n to get to the springboard (tethered jailbreak). The problem is it just hangs at Geo's face, and never gets past that screen. It was originally jailbroken with blackra1n RC1, and now I downloaded the latest RC3 and got these problems.
    I actually never had a problem with blackra1n before.. I used RC1 on firmware 3.1.2 and everything worked just fine. Any time i restarted my device I'd just plug it in my computer and run blackra1n and it would bring it right back.

However, I decided to try blackra1n RC3 and see if it made a difference, and now it just gets stuck at geo's face. It says that it successfully jailbroke but my ipod isn't getting past the face..well, it does after about 5-10 minutes (literally) but it just restarts and the whole process starts over again, blackra1n detected it as a reboot and tries to re jailbreak it, then it says wait for reboot, then jailbreaks it again..etc..etc...

Is there a way to create a backup or save anything on my ipod in it's current state? I'm thinking of restoring but I have so much on it right now and nothing backed up..

btw, after I click "make it rain" my ipod's screen dims a bit and it looks like it tried to restart but still stays at the face. The problem here is my ipod isn't restarting after clicking "make it rain". The only time it does restart is 5-10 minutes later, but that isn't the right type of restart.
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    can you force restart it? and after you do what does it go to? Recovery mode or what?
  3. mikeeey1337

mikeeey1337 New Member

Yes, if I force restart it by holding the power button and home button it goes to recovery mode (because it's still a tethered jailbreak)
  4. jetf

jetf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just try to start up your Ipod again with the RC1 version.
  5. mikeeey1337

mikeeey1337 New Member

I have, I've tried RC1 2 and 3, when it's supposed to restart after the face the backlight just dims instead.

Is there any way to back up my ipod or SSH it in it's current state? from recovery mode?
  6. jetf

jetf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm not 100% sure, but I thought that iTunes backs up your data when syncing your iPod.
  7. Supertouch

Supertouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I would suggest trying to DFU the iPod and then rejailbreak with Rc3
  8. juone95

juone95 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I LOLed at the title. stuck at geo's face after clicking "make it rain"
  9. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    LOL that gave me a good laugh, just noticed that.
  10. mikeeey1337

mikeeey1337 New Member

lol.
    I had to restore it, and now I tried again using blackra1n RC3. Now my current problem is it doesn't appear to be fully jailbroken, or atleast that's what ifunbox and iphonebrowser says. There's a lot of directories I'm not able to browse to yet, such as the var folder.

edit: installing afc2add fixed the problem.
    It's a shame tho I had to start all over and lost all my data..