Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

iOS 3.1 Blackra1n RC3 Stuck On "Waiting For Device"

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Sallamaie, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Sallamaie

Sallamaie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Right, I'm a little up in the clouds at the moment so please excuse my, if any, grammatical mistakes. I currently own an iPod Touch 2G 8GB that I was running redsn0w jailbroken 3.1 firmware. I decided to update my iPod Touch to 3.1.2 because I'd heard some good things, particulary how fast the jailbreak was with blackra1n. I updated my iPod Touch via the latest version of iTunes and got the blackra1n executable. I plugged my iPod Touch into a direct connection to my computer via USB and clicked "Make it ra1n" but nothing happens. I restarted my iPod Touch and tried again a few times but no success. The blackra1n program freezes on "waiting for device" and I have to end the process. What am I doing wrong? Oh, I've also tried restoring the iPod Touch through iTunes and then running blackra1n, but the same thing happens. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Nope, nevermind about my question. Problem solved. f***ing Comodo Firewall was blocking it's access. I need to get rid of that thing. Anyways, thanks for the not help that you guys totally gave me.
  2. musa92k

musa92k Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    try running the program as an administrator and turning all of the itunes processes off using task manager
  3. mikiveliki

mikiveliki New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I've had the same problem when "Apple mobile device" service was disabled. After starting the service everything went smoothly.
  4. iZap

iZap New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    EDIT: oops my bad u are using RC3

Be sure to use Blackra1n 3 the newest ver. ..

go to his website and download it again if ur not using the latest ver. :)

EDIT: i think you should click make it rain again. try it !