blackra1n questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aznjim22, Oct 21, 2009.

1. aznjim22

aznjim22 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hi, if any of you have the blackra1n jailbreak, please explain these questions to me.

Is teathered like when u turn off the ipod, the jailbreak goes away along with the games and stuff?

if it is teathered, and i do turn my ipod off, do i have to re-jailbreak, or can i just play my ipod with the normal apps?

BlackRa1n cannot be unlocked, does that mean i cant restore it? Like what if i have to return my ipod incase it breaks?
  2. cainy

cainy New Member

Basically Once Run Thats It, Unless You Power Down Your Device, Aslong as you leave it powered up you wont have to run blackra1n.

No data is lost if your device powers down, it just means it wont reboot until you get it back to a PC and run the blackra1n software again

Please Register or Log in to view images

If you have to return it for any reason, im pretty sure a firmware restore should remove anything to do with the jailbreak
  3. aznjim22

aznjim22 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ahh so if i do turn it off, to get my data back, i gotta jailbreak it.

And if i have to return, i should jailbreak, then restore?
  4. cainy

cainy New Member

yup thats basically it

Not had to turn mine of once in 5 days...so you shouldnt have to use blackra1n to often

5. aznjim22

aznjim22 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok, so i wont turn it off

. What about when i charge it though, lets say i leave it on, it locks down *screen turns black but ipod is on* and i plug it into my wall charger, itl still be jailbroken right? as long as i dont turn it off?

BUT what if a new jailbreak is released? CAn i still use that new one? because it cant be unlocked
  6. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    unlocks are only for people with iPhones that want to use different cell phone service other then AT&T....iPod touch only gets jailbreak