Blackra1n Jailbreak help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CRJSx193, Oct 31, 2009.

1. CRJSx193

CRJSx193 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have already jailbroken my other 2nd gen ipod touch with blackra1n, and that one is untethered because everytime i turn it off, i can turn it back on and its still jailbroken. But when i jailbreak my other ipod touch 2nd gen, the jailbreak works but when i turn it off and turn it back on it say to connect to itunes in recovery mode. HELP! both have 3.1.2 on there.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Are you sure this "other ipod touch" is really 2nd gen?
    Go to Settings > General > About and check the model number. If it starts with MC it is 3rd gen, if it starts with MB, 2nd gen.
  3. CRJSx193

CRJSx193 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the model starts with PC. and this ipod is my brothers we just bought and its a 2nd gen for sure.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

PC? I THINK that's a 3rd gen. Either way, plug the ipod into your computer (you should get the screen with the iTunes logo and a usb), then run blackra1n again to turn it back on.
  5. CRJSx193

CRJSx193 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, i ran blackra1n again. it completes the jailbreak and everything is fine. but when i turn it off it goes back to connect to itunes. my ipod touch i jailbreaked the same way is fine. and i appreciate the help.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And my Ipod which is a year old, which is the properly working jailbreak model # started with MB.

His which does not work properly started with PC.
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yea, like I said, I think you have the 3rd gen, and the 3rd gen jailbreak is tethered, so if you turn off the ipod, then you'll need to run blackra1n again to turn it back on. And for your ipod, if it is at 3.1.2, then use blackra1n to jailbreak.
  7. CRJSx193

CRJSx193 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thats very weird. the receipt and box all say 2nd gen. and if it is 3rd gen, how can i tell the difference between 3rd and 2nd? and thanks for answering.
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, the 3rd gen 8gb and 2ng 8gb are basically the same, only way to tell is through the model number.
  9. CRJSx193

CRJSx193 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    alright. is there a lead on when the untethered jailbreak will be released for the 3rd gen?
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

There is no actual lead, but chronic dev claims to be releasing a full, untethered jailbreak for the 3rd gen some time next year.