iOS 3.1 BlackRa1n Issues

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Darkside86, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Darkside86

Darkside86 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello everyone,

So I have a 8gig 2gen. ipod touch. FW:3.1.2 And i've been using blackrain for a while now and everything works fine. But I do have one question. I have seen that everyone is using it and says it's untethered, (which means you don't have to make it rain everytime right?) But everytime I shut my ipod off I have to make it rain so i can get it out of recovery mode. Normally it would be no big deal to do this, but my laptop is busted so i have to go to the parents house and get on the computer just to get it out of recovery mode. I'm sure you can see where this would get irritating.

So my question is: Is there anyway to jailbreak where i don't have to run the jailbreak everytime I boot my phone.

Sorry if this has been answered. I've checked around and couldn't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
  2. PockyObsession

PockyObsession New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, blackra1n IS tethered, so what your experiencing is normal. Whoever told you that blackra1n is untethered told you wrong.
  3. legion

legion Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    blackrain is untethered, its only tethered for ipod touch 3 g and the new models if the iphone 3gs. Since you have an ipod touch 2g it should be untethered...
  4. Darkside86

Darkside86 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks for the help. i actually THOUGHT i had a 2g because of my volume buttons on the side. but im pretty sure i figured out i have one of the new 3g touch. i just bought it a couple of weeks ago at walmart.

so my next question would be is it possible to downgrade firmware and use redsn0w or something like that? or am i stuck tethered to the jailbreak?
  5. A Moist Towelette

A Moist Towelette New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think your stuck with the tethered for now.
  6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    1.You can't downgrade if it's an iPod Touch "3G" ("" becaus it's the 8GB one!)
    2.If you can/could downgrade, redsn0w isn't for iPT3Gs (iPT"3G"s)

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. MuseFan288

MuseFan288 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the ipod touch 3g cant downgrade ( I've tried).
    If your gonna keep the jailbreak and I recommend you do just dont turn it off I never do even if its not jailbroken.
  8. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Must people already know this, and if you turn it off it won't work until you run blackra1n again...
  9. PockyObsession

PockyObsession New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is everyone having the same problem with blackra1n? its seems unstable D:
  10. legion

legion Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    its not necessarily unstable, its just that there is not untethered jailbreak for ipot 3g or iphone 3gs new models. As longs are you dont turn them off they will be just as stable as any other untethered jailbroken device