iOS 3.1 Blackra1n is still not working for me =[ HELP PLEASE?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by katr1na, Nov 6, 2009.

1. katr1na

katr1na New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an iPod Touch 2G on firmware 3.1.2 and my model number starts with a MB btw, not an MC. I've tried at least 50 times to jailbreak it with Blackra1n but not once has it worked for me.
    I've googled it and tried doing all those things like running as the administrator, logging as administrator, putting Blackra1n in the C:/ Drive but it still doesn't work.
    What happens is that I plug it in, disable syncing in iTunes, in tasks manager, I end the iTunesHelper, iPodService etc. and then I go to Blackra1n and run it as administrator and also from C:/ Drive. I press make it rain and then my ipod turns off. In a few seconds it goes to that screen that looks like this: http://km.support.apple.com/library/APPLE/APPLECARE_ALLGEOS/TS1275/TS1275.png After a little while, the screen goes to a blackish colour, and it reboots after a while, but nothing has happened. I know that the geohot boot logo is supposed to come up but it hasn't for all those times that I tried. I tried to downgrade back down to 3.0 but that didn't work either and it said that I had An unkown error (20). Please help me.. I don't know what else I can do. I've also tried doing this: "1. Press the power button and the home at a time and when you see the icon of the apple release the power but keep pressing the home until you see the photo of geohot with the Iphone. Let go home then."
    I've tried on another laptop and another computer and another 2 other user accounts.. =[

Help would be much appreciated.
  2. dre@ms

dre@ms Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You have not told the following,
    1. OS
    2. Version of blackra1n used

This is the normal procedure to be done,
    1. Plug in the iPT
    2. iTunes will pick it up. Once done, close it.
    3. Copy blackra1n to C:\
    4. Run it.
    5. iPT wil turn off, you should hear a sound too from your computer/laptop.
    6. Geohot's image will show up.
    7. blackra1n will show a message, JB done successfully. Click on OK.
    8. Wait for few more seconds and check what is happening in iPT.
    9. Nothing happens, close blackra1n.
    10. Run it again.

Post the results here..
  3. katr1na

katr1na New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have Windows XP Professional and I used Blackra1n RC3
    And I've done those steps plenty of times and I've never gotten geohot's picture.
  4. dre@ms

dre@ms Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Strange!!! Read in another thread that MB series are still not working with blackra1n. But not sure, lets wait if some1 else has some other ideas.
  5. abakalad

abakalad Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    try manually putting your ipod into restore mode and going from there? perhaps you should try it in dfu mode after that. apart from that i have no idea

Please Register or Log in to view images

Good luck
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well the OP has a 16gb, the 8gbs are the problem. I think those have been fixed too now though.

OT: I don't know if this applies to this specific case (i'm on a mac) but it's my rule of thumb (since the 2.x jailbreak) to keep iTunes open until it detects the iPod in recovery mode, then immediately close it.
  7. Supertouch

Supertouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I was able to sucessfully jailbreak my MB/2nd Gen ipt 8gb. Then it started freezing... DFU was sucessful but when I connect to my computer it freezes itunes. When i disconnect itunes unfreezes and the touch freezes?? Off to apple it goes.
  8. glassguitar75

glassguitar75 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    are you on the latest itunes
  9. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    What a waste of your precious time to send it to Apple. You're doing something wrong.
  10. rauni

rauni New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm having the same problems, hope someone has some advise that helps. I'm using Vista, have blackra1n on C:\ drive (latest version). I get the same screen on my ipod as katr1na. I have the latest itunes. I end up having to restore my ipod back to factory setting to get it to work at all again.