Blackra1n is still not working for me =[ HELP PLEASE?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by katr1na, Nov 6, 2009.

1. katr1na

katr1na New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an iPod Touch 2G on firmware 3.1.2 and my model number starts with a MB btw, not an MC. I've tried at least 50 times to jailbreak it with Blackra1n but not once has it worked for me.
    I've googled it and tried doing all those things like running as the administrator, logging as administrator, putting Blackra1n in the C:/ Drive but it still doesn't work.
    What happens is that I plug it in, disable syncing in iTunes, in tasks manager, I end the iTunesHelper, iPodService etc. and then I go to Blackra1n and run it as administrator and also from C:/ Drive. I press make it rain and then my ipod turns off. In a few seconds it goes to that screen that looks like this: http://km.support.apple.com/library/APPLE/APPLECARE_ALLGEOS/TS1275/TS1275.png After a little while, the screen goes to a blackish colour, and it reboots after a while, but nothing has happened. I know that the geohot boot logo is supposed to come up but it hasn't for all those times that I tried. I tried to downgrade back down to 3.0 but that didn't work either and it said that I had An unkown error (20). Please help me.. I don't know what else I can do. I've also tried doing this: "1. Press the power button and the home at a time and when you see the icon of the apple release the power but keep pressing the home until you see the photo of geohot with the Iphone. Let go home then."
    I've tried on another laptop and another computer and another 2 other user accounts.. =[

Help would be much appreciated.
  2. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    see this problem happened to me too....sortta... except the link you posted doesn't work.... please post it again.
  3. arithmatics

arithmatics Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    maybe a corrupted copy of blackra1n? try restoring to 3.1.2 firmware. and redownload the blackra1n jailbreak. THEN try jailbreaking. because i would think that its probably a corrupted blackra1n problem.
  4. katr1na

katr1na New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i feel sad for u......when u upgraded to 3.1.2 did u restore or upgrade? cos that does NOT matter.......anyway i would recommend restoring to 3.1.2 again then and wat do u mean by the screen goes black? till how long have u tried lettin it stay black? try waitin longer this time n see if it works.... hope i helped

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. vdub19

vdub19 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    easiest jailbreak in the world, i dont know how some people manage to be so retarded.
  7. GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    that happened to me i tried a few times by restoring and running it again and again, and it ended up working when i ran blackra1n twice after restoring it... after the screen turned black, i ran it again and it worked
  8. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    1. Make sure your ipod is on the firmware its suppose to be jailbroken on
    2. Make sure your copy of blackra1n is good, not corrupt.
  9. katr1na

katr1na New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The first time I tried and got that black screen I let it run for ages and eventually it rebooted but I didn't get the blackra1n icon on my ipod. :/
  10. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    yeah. my friends rebooted eventtually and it wasnt jailbroken...