iOS 3.1 blackra1n is acting crazy! please help...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by deleted account, Mar 30, 2010.

1. I'm having a horrible problem right now w/ blackra1n rc3. I have a 8 GB iPod touch 3G running 3.1.2 and jailbroken w/ blackra1n.

Recently my ipod database was screwed up so I stupidly deleted "/var/mobile/media/itunes_control/" and went into iTunes (9.0) and set it up as a new ipod. Then I noticed that none of my apps would start up (I assumed it had something to do w/ the apps' drm signature).

So I first wiped all the content and settings (from the ipod) and then restored in iTunes to 3.1.2. Then, I unrealizingly updated iTunes to 9.1. Everything seemed fine, so I proceeded to adding all my apps and music back on so I could then jailbreak again.

I finshed adding all the stuff, and when I went to blackra1n, it said "ASL.dll is missing from your system. Please reinstall the program"...or something among those lines.

Please Register or Log in to view images

So I redownloaded blackra1n and tried again, to no luck. So I downloaded blackbreeze from, and "fixed my ra1n". Now instead w/ the blackra1n-fixed.exe I get a lovely neverending loop alert message "QTCF.dll is missing from your system..." and I was forced to use task manager to get rid of it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am really pissed right now, can anyone help me please?!? I would greatly appreciate any info to why this is happening, a fix, or should I just downgrade to iTunes 9.0?

If I must downgrade to iTunes 9.0, please tell me I won't loose all the apps and music in my itunes library, and please tell me where to download it! Thanks!
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    blackra1n does not work any longer with the new update to iTunes.

iTunes 9.1 safe for overall jailbreak, unlock, PwnageTool, redsn0w mac+pc, DFU mode, saurik's server. (blackra1n broken, not Apple's fault)
    about 1 hours ago via web
  3. ehh...actually it kinda is apple's fault, they redesigned itunes. Blackra1n depends on apple mobile device service, and among other things, dlls from itunes and stuff to jailbreak...At least that's what a google search will tell you.

Also, it happens that after i upgraded itunes, iphone folders stop working because of "a missing dll".

Does anyone have a better answer please?
  4. edjr4

edjr4 New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    i know it sounds slightly noobish, but if you installed an older version of itunes then couldnt you Jailbreak using blackra1n?
    but idk i could be totally wrong, just trying to help