Blackra1n has encountered a problem and needs to close

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by rwandamark, May 18, 2010.

1. rwandamark

rwandamark New Member

Hi, I have an Iphone 3GS, 16GB, 3.1.2 installed. XP. It is jailbroken/unlocked, and I have used Blackrain. In the past, if my phone was in restore mode, I would run blackrain on my computer to restore the phone.
    Today, Cydia did updates, including winterboard. Now, after the install, it went into restore mode.
    When I try to run Blackrain now, I get a windows error saying blackrain encountered a problem and needs to close (In the error codes it has a lot of hex code I dont understand).
    I have reinstalled blackrain/turned off/on the computer, tried blackrain on another computer, etc. etc. Nothing works!

I cant afford to use Apples restore to 3.3.3--the phone has to be unlocked as I will be sending it to my friend next month, but desperately need to use it now.

Help!!! Anyone giving me the right solution quickly I will send them $10 via PayPal for their favorite charity (sorry cant be more, I am on a budget).
    Thx, Mark
  2. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you save your 3.1.2 shsh certificates?
    if so, then you can restore back to fw 3.1.2, following this tutorial
    and jailbreak with Spirit (untethered jailbreak)

How to fix syncing issues between iTunes 9.1 and iPhone jailbroken with BlackRa1n RC3:

Step 1: Create a new folder on your desktop and download BlackRa1n.exe and BlackBreeze to it.

Step 2:
    Launch BlackBreeze and click on Fix my Ra1n! and select the BlackRa1n.exe file you downloaded in step 1.

Step 3: BlackBreeze will patch BlackRa1n and place a file called blackra1n-fixed.exe on your desktop.

Step 4: Execute blackra1n-fixed.exe to boot your tethered iPhone. Once done, you should be able to sync your jailbroken iPhone with iTunes 9.1 on Windows without any problem.
  3. rwandamark

rwandamark New Member

Blackrain

Hi dunuck,
    I dont think I saved the 3.1.2 certificates (dont know how to/where they would be).

I did try to run the fix the Blackra1n, and a strange thing happens--I select the blackrain to fix, and it shows on the window popup that it is saving in the folder as an executable, BUT, nothing gets saved! I tried several times. I also made sure that the file wasnt hidden, etc.
    Not sure what is transpiring...
    thx, Mark
  4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Have you tried a different computer? That should solve your problems.
  5. rwandamark

rwandamark New Member

narwal13--yes, 2 different computers. same problem.
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hm...then it's most likely a problem with the USB, the version of itunes, or your iPhone.
  7. rwandamark

rwandamark New Member

thx Narwal13---dunuck is on the right trail, as it is a little more complicated than this. USB is fine. iPhone is fine. Yes, there is some problems with the new 9.1 and blackrain as I read. I am waiting to see why after running blackbreeze it is not saving the file. thx, mark
  8. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    you could also try a mac with itunes 9.0 and blackra1n.
  9. rwandamark

rwandamark New Member

blackbreeze

dunuck,
    i have tried many times to run blackbreeze. I have saved as a different extension, in a different folder, etc. There is a bug in the application--it is not saving the blackrain fix executable. I need my phone for work in the morning, so I am fearing I will have to do the restore.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I found something that worked well, and I am back to normal:
    http://www.redmondpie.com/blackra1n-for-itunes-9.1-9140614/

it was easy to install, and thank god, i dont have to do any installs.
    Dunuck, you put me on the right trail, so I will send the paypal.let me know what your email is (you can send me an email to mark@vegout.com).
    thx, mark
  10. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nah, nah, there is no need to pay me nothing, i am happy that i was able to help you, even if it was just partially

Please Register or Log in to view images

Btw: in the tuto i showed you, you were supposed to put both executable files (blackbreeze and balckra1n) on the same folder, follow step 2, and then the patched balckra1n was supposed to appear

well anyways good to hear your sorted it out

PS: Once in cydia, press where it says "make my life easier" to save your shsh certificates of fw 3.1.3 (it will save it even if you are on 3.1.2)

Side note: Here is a tutorial you can follow to restore to fw 3.1.3 without updating the baseband, so you can jailbreak with Spirit (untethered jailbreak) and be able to unlock