iOS 3.1 blackra1n = blackscre3n

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by trevxv3, Mar 20, 2010.

1. trevxv3

trevxv3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello,
    I am trying to jailbreak my ipod using black rain however I am failing miserably. I have downloaded and ran blackra1n clicked make it ra1n. I get to the step where I have a black screen but the program said that it is done, and to enjoy my new jailbreak. However it will stay on the black screen. Here is the list of fixes I have tried to run.

Also i have an 8gb 2G ipod touch running 3.1.3 firmware. I am also on Windows Vista

1. running in compalibility mode- then it gets stuck in the "recovery mode" step
    2. running as an administrator (not in compatibility mode)- I still get the blackscreen
    3. running as/in both- I get stuck in recovery mode step again
    4. Rerunning blackra1n- nothing happens
    5. Downloading QTCF.dll- I get an error from blackra1n
    6. putting ipod in dfu mode- it stays in dfu mode and nothing happens
    7. Rebooting ipod on blackscreen- reboots and I am back to square one
    8. rebooting ipod then rerunning blackra1n- I am still on black screen
    9. putting ipod into dfu mode then rebooting- nothing happens and I have to restore my ipod
    10. putting ipod into dfu mode then rebooting then rerunning blackra1n- same as above
    11. I have checked my ipod model number and it does start with MB

Here is what I have assesed:
    Rerunning blackra1n does nothing.
    Putting it into DFU mode makes it so I have to restore my ipod so I try to avoid it.
    Compatibility Mode puts me in DFU mode so I dont think I should do that either.

Please help guys this has been so frustrating. I am open to almost all reasonable options.
  2. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have the same problem on one of my computers, and not the other. Just use redsn0w. I think I read somewhere that its an issue with USB 2.0
  3. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It's for 3.1.2 not 3.1.3, which ur on
  4. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    3.1.3 will not work with blackra1n. You need to use resn0w 0.9.4 and direct it to the 3.1.2 firmware, even though you are using 3.1.3.
  5. trevxv3

trevxv3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey thanks guys I figured it out. I did try using the redsnow trick but it stil didnt work. I just got a 8gb ipt3g yesterday, downgraded to 3.1.2 and jailbroke. THanks for the help guys