Blackberry + Touch > One holster, two devices

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by vestaviascott, Nov 21, 2009.

1. vestaviascott

vestaviascott New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So I have a company supplied blackberry and I've just purchased my first ipod, a 64G Touch.

The first thing I'm thinking is "Where do I put this thing"?

So I gave my BB the boot to the back pocket and let the Touch ride shotgun in my BB holster (a brief moment of concern about the magnet latch, but I suppose that with flash memory there's no issues there)

Anyway, now that I've got a screen protector film on the Touch, I've managed to realize that I can place both devices into the holster at the same time.

This is actually the optimal setup for me, since I won't have to have two holsters.

Just curious if anyone else has the same combo and how you are addressing it...

I'd also like to know if there's a way to share the BB's net connection with the Touch when out of range of wi-fi...

btw, the BB is on Verizon network.

Lots of questions for a first post, and I haven't even said hello, so...

Hi Everyone, I'm Scott!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mtkphoenix83

mtkphoenix83 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey Scott,

Welcome to the forum!!!

As for your question regarding sharing your BB 3G connection with the iPod touch..i do believe in some way that is possible and I too have been looking into the possibilities of this. I'll be keeping a close eye on your post for sure!!

Welcome again!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Phoenix.
  3. vestaviascott

vestaviascott New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks Phoenix!

While I've got you, what's up with cursor backspacing while typing? What am I missing?

If I want to correct a letter that's 5 characters back, I have to erase all three characters and start all over again? I just want to shift the cursor back 5 spaces, fix the typo and move to the end of the line...

Unless I'm missing something (hope I am) Touch forces me to retype every character all over again! :-(
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Put your finger on the screen for a few seconds and a magnifying glass will appear. You can then change the position of the cursor and change the letter that you want to change.
  5. Rayzilla

Rayzilla New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Cool - Thanks.

I will be following this thread for the connection question as well.

I have the BB Bold now from work and I will be getting my hands on my first ever Touch (32GB) in a couple of weeks so I will be facing the same dilemma as you except I can't see my current BB case holding both BB/Touch together. It's actually the BB branded leather case with the swivel clip and magnetic flap that I originally received when I had the Curve. I love this case and I would like to get something just like it for the Touch. I love the clip as I hate carrying the BB or having to leave it in my bag and missing all calls as a result.

Is there a similar case that is made for the Touch (with the swivel clip and magnetic flap)?