Blackberry Pearl and iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by orion2020, Dec 14, 2007.

1. orion2020

orion2020 New Member

So my company is now offering blackberry pearls for free but still have to pay my normal cell plan charges. I am the proud owner of a ipod touch jailbroken and love the way it looks, works, and just is.

I really want an iphone but until they make a cdma one that works in canada, im out of luck. From what I understand, it will be a while, if ever.

Does anybody here use a blackberry along side their ipod touch? is it worth it to have both? I do a lot of email, texting, and surfing, having the always on function of the blackberry there is nice, but i think i'm spoilded using the ipod for all of that and doing it on a blackberry seems clumsy. But being limited to wifi is tough.

So, who has both and/or who uses both?
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't see a reason not to use both. They both can do different things, and if you're getting one for free, why not.

Use the iPod for media, and the blackberry for business/ cellphone purposes.
  3. orion2020

orion2020 New Member

true, but I don't use my blackberry for work so it would just be for personal along with my ipod.
  4. AliasMrJones

AliasMrJones New Member

The only reason I have a Blackberry is because it is the only way to access our corporate email and my company pays for the device and the monthly charges. Otherwise, Blackberry wouldn't be my first choice for cellphone, email or pda.
  5. Vissionary

Vissionary New Member

The iphone wouldn't make a good business phone IMO anyways. You're better off with the blackberry.
  6. orion2020

orion2020 New Member

im curious, what would your choice be for an all -in-one unit other than an iphone?
  7. s7r1k3r

s7r1k3r New Member

I have exactly this setup. I use my pearl for text phone and email and my touch is there for podcasts, audiobooks, music, videos and internet.