Black Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by trojandeath, Aug 18, 2009.

1. trojandeath

trojandeath New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey all.Teh other day i went 2 my cottage. Anyways on our way home, my ipod touch somehow ended up beside a bag of cold milk. anyways, about 30 mins into drive, i decided to play it, but it wouldnt turn on, normally or forcefully. anyways, when i got hom, and i knew plugging it into a computer would get it to work, so i tried that. i pugged it in, but computer did nothing. It didnt make a sound, or say "Device not recognized" and when i checked itunes, even itunes didnt recognize that my ipod was plugged in. Anyways, ive tried many things but none seem to work. so i kinda need a program/solution to fix this. below i will list everthing i have tried :
    Dfu mode (both buttons, home for 30) ect many more
    Re installing lib usb
    Try to re jailbreak.
    Even when i try to put it into dfu mode, the screen doesnt change. it stays black as if my ipod is off. Need help cause thats a big waste of money to throw it away . thx all! PS. My ipod is 2g 16gigabytes
  2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Immediately Stick it in a bag of rice for a few days it will absorb any moisture.
  3. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DFU Mode is supposed to be black.

When you try DFU Mode, your iPod needs to be plugged into your computer while your pressing the buttons with iTunes open.

Open iTunes, plug in your iPod.
    Try DFU Mode again.

DFU will always work, its built in to the hardware.

If it doesnt work, you might have gotten water damage.
    Take it to Apple, see if theyll repair it.. if they dont, idk then