Black Screen + White Text (Potentially bricked?)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by David91, Jun 22, 2010.

1. David91

David91 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello all

Recently i've jailbroken my iPod using the officially released iOS 4.0 software and Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 software.

to cut a long story short, after jailbreaking Cydia wasn't performing and instead of restoring to an unjailbroken 4.0 in itunes, i chose to use the Settings>General>Reset All>Erase and Reset everything.

When jailbreaking i selected "verbose boot" so i now am sitting stuck at a lovely black screen with white text scrolling on it the odd time.

After the restore bar had completed, my ipod rebooted and the white text appeared (verbose boot) and now i get the error
    then 60 seconds later i get the following error

if i hold both the power and home buttons for about 10 seconds, it reboots and the apple logo is shown breifly, before showing the white text and returning to the same state it was in.

Any help?
  2. Jayden

Jayden Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Re-jailbreak without ticking Verbose boot.
  3. David91

David91 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It seems i cant get into DFU or restore mode. trying to get into restore mode just reboots the iPod and DFU mode doesn't work either.

Any other ideas?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Update:

While following the standard "put iPod in Restore Mode" instructions on the apple support website it doesn't enter restore mode. It displays the apple logo then again the white writing appears and the same error (as above) appears.

Anyone got any ideas!?