iOS 3.1 Black Screen of Death on my Ipod Touch 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ChardonnayOnIce, Jan 1, 2010.

1. ChardonnayOnIce

ChardonnayOnIce New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My iPod Touch will not come on at all. It is jailbroken and I was am 100% sure that I was in DFU mode when it crashed. I have had it for 8 months and have tried resetting it, (holding home and power button do not work at all), I tried different USB ports, charging it with the wall charger, nothing is working. I haven't had it that long, so I know the battery isn't dead. Can anyone help me please? Is there a program that I can download that will help me get out of DFU mode? I am at my wits end. I used Quick Freedom to Jailbreak. It is an Ipod Touch 2nd Generation. Thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am new to this forum so sorry if this is in the wrong place.
  2. jstarisraw

jstarisraw New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    To get out of dfu mode, hold the home and power buttons untill you see the apple logo.

Sometimes you must hold them for over thirty seconds. and make sure your iPod is connected to a charging device when you are doing this

3. ToasterEater

ToasterEater Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey dont worry, just keep trying. You havnt screwed with any system files, so you should be ok.
  4. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    While the ipod is plugged in, hold down the home button and wait until you see the "Connect to iTunes" image. Then restore in iTunes.

5. ChardonnayOnIce

ChardonnayOnIce New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks everyone..tried resetting..doesn't work. Will not turn on no matter what..im going to get the battery replaced and see what happens.