Black screen, can't dfu, can't do anything!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alphaoak1968, Feb 7, 2010.

1. alphaoak1968

alphaoak1968 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a new laptop and installed itunes. I connected my ipod touch to itunes and it asked me if i wanted to update the software, and i said yes. It nearly got to the end when I got a message saying ipod was not recognized. In the last 8 hours I have tried to dfu it, it has not worked. I have disabled/removed all security software in case it was that, did not help. I have been on devmgmt.msc and got the message 'windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems code 43'. I right clicked on the device (unknown device) and updated driver software, got message 'windows has determined the driver software for this is up to date' I then uninstalled device and restarted the computer, opened itunes and plugged in the ipod. I tried dfu again and got the message that it had detected an ipod in repair mode, so I then clicked restore. It got to nearly the end when i got this message 'the ipod could not be restored. an unknown error occurred (6)'. When i clicked for more info i got this message 'device driver software was not successfully installed. Please consult with your device manufacturer for assistance getting the device installed. Unknown device failed.
    Then i get the message 'USB device not recognized. One of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it. for assistance click message'. I have tried everything several times now, and tried a different lead and different computer as well.
    IN A NUTSHELL, NOTHING HAS WORKED AND I CANNOT GET ANYTHING TO HAPPEN ON THE IPOD. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ANSWERS PLEASE?

Please Register or Log in to view images