iPhone 4 Black screen but found in recovery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dark-Moon, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Dark-Moon

Dark-Moon New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Ok, so here is my problem. I have an iphone 4 and its not working or charging at all. Screen is black but when i hook it up to the pc, itunes pop up tells me i have an iphone in recovery mode. I try to install original 5.1.1 firmware but get error 1600.. i try different methods but nothing. I tried different things due to that it was not charging. I took the battery out of my working iphone 4 and still no power or charge. I decided to take the battery out again and i hooked it up to the pc and itunes popped up and said again, iphone found in recovery mode. I dont understand, it does not have a battery and its still found??? I dont know what the problem is. Is the motherboard fried?
  2. ValleyForge

ValleyForge Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    iTunes calls it Recovery Mode whether it's Recovery Mode or DFU mode. When it's plugged into a computer, it will turn on whether it has a battery or not. The thing is, it's stuck in DFU mode. Rename your "hosts" file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc to "hosts.bak" and restore again.
  3. Dark-Moon

Dark-Moon New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    ill try that as soon as i get home, thanks

edit: followup: well i tried what you suggested and still nothing. Itunes says preparing iphone and nothing. Take a bit and then error 1601 now pops up. I tried redsnow to "just boot" and nothing either tells me usb connection problem. iPhone just wont turn on in any way. No apple no nothing.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  4. vincentshyang

vincentshyang New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    u try press "power button + home button " together around 10sec...
    then release ur hand n try to open ur iphone c isit working?
    if nt working ,then u plug-in ur iphone by usb connection to pc ~
    c ur iphone will enter recovery mode or nt...[​IMG][​IMG] images2.jpg