Black Screen After Patched FW Restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Generic Name112, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Generic Name112

Generic Name112 New Member

Don't worry, I'm not screaming that I bricked my iPod, because I didn't. I followed the tutorial perfectly, however, after the patched firmware restore, the screen just stays black. I was able to get it into DFU mode and restore my iPod (To the original firmware), I just want to know if anyone has found a way to actually jailbreak it using Windows.
  2. C000LIN

C000LIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    As far as I know, no one has gotten it working on Windows yet.
  3. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are you still able to communicate with your iPod via iRecovery?
    If so, try "fsboot".
  4. Generic Name112

No, iRecovery loses it's connection to the iPod. I just don't understand what is up with it.
  5. Flamey87

Flamey87 New Member

The fact that no one has been able to jailbreak their iPod Touch 2nd Gen on Windows, clearly means Arix's guide is missing something (though I'm still incredibly grateful). Unless Arix comes back and finds some sort of solution, or if someone else figures out what's missing, we're not going to be able to do anything, on a Windows OS.

We just need to wait and see if anyone's successful with a Windows jailbreak.
  6. Generic Name112

I agree on that front. Oh well, don't want to seem ungrateful, so I'll end it at that.
  7. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

After you restore with the patched firmware and the screen is black, get it back into DFU, and then into restore mode through iRecovery, and then put in the following command and the iPod should boot up to the springboard.
    Code:
    fsboot