Black Ra1n ipod touch Jailbreak question

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Sythix, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Sythix

Sythix New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi, I have some questions about the new jailbreak Black Ra1n. First of all, I am wondering if the jailbreak wipes the memory off of the ipod like previous ones e.g. Red Sn0w. Will all my songs, apps, etc. be deleted from the ipod after I download black ra1n?

Second, I am wondering if there are any problems with that would accour with the ipod such as memory loss, crashing, bricked system, etc.

Last, If I chose to uninstall Cydia or Black Ra1n from the ipod touch, would it cause the memory on the ipod to be erased (songs, apps, videos etc.)? Would it cause any technical problems for the ipod after the unistalls?

Thanks for your time!

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh, and will Black Ra1n work for firmware 3.1.1?
  2. iJailbreak

iJailbreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It seems you're quite focused on the safety of your files. Well, no worries. The Jailbreak is perfectly fine. (I tested it myself just now just in case). Also, the only way you can "un"jailbreak it is if you restore it. Restoring deletes all your files.
    Memory loss is very rare so don't worry about that. To avoid crashing, fully reboot your iPod after the Jailbreak. The system most likely won't "brick" however there are some occurences.
    I'm pretty sure though that BlackRa1n only works for 3.1.2 but it's worth a shot...I guess.