Black pixles are red.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xyimous, Mar 6, 2009.

1. xyimous

xyimous New Member

My black pixels are red, is there a fix to this ?

How it happened :
    I was on cydia and my screen went crazy, and it went white and started flashing. Then turned off. I tried turning it on again but no luck, so I plugged it in the computer and long be hold, it worked . But the it seemed red ? I found out that all the black pixels were red, everything else was normal.
  2. Lil Pinkie

Lil Pinkie New Member

I'm having an issue very similar to this so I'm interested in hearing what advice you get. The other night, like two nights ago, my screen started flashing in and out. Not completely out just started getting darker then would come back on until it finally went out. But I could still turn it back on. So I stuck it on my charging dock for the night then when I woke up everything was back to normal. Well this afternoon I'm playing a game and it cut off and wouldn't come back on. So I again stuck it on the dock and it turned on but the screen was all screwy. It started out flashing horizontal white and red lines across the screen. Eventually it went to where the apple would come up but had a red background. I'm having a hard time even keeping it on, a couple times it has gotten to the icon screen and had a red tint to it but it won't stay on but for a few seconds. I've plugged it into two different computers and the first wouldn't even recognize it and this one will but the touch doesn't stay on long enough to do anything. I'm thinking I'm screwed. Oh and I haven't done anything to it other than put regular apps on it, no jailbreak or anything.
  3. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

open this site on Safari from your iPod , and leave it for about 30 minutes. remember to plug it in, and set Auto-Lock to never.

then reboot your iPod and see if those pixels are fixed.

http://www.ebaspace.com/iphone-app/fix.html

try not to stare at it for too long.
  4. jailbreak123

jailbreak123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    haha Sesior time
  5. xyimous

xyimous New Member

I am giving it a whack at it. Hopefully it helps.
    It's been running for 15 minutes.

[EDIT : It did not work

Please Register or Log in to view images

]
  6. Lil Pinkie

Lil Pinkie New Member

Yeah, it didn't help mine either, as for mine its not individual pixels its just tinted red as a whole. I'm thinking in my case that my screen is going out or is screwed up. Either way I'm taking it in tomorrow so I'll let ya know what they say if its worthwhile.