Black pixels around screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lostfan4, Mar 23, 2009.

1. lostfan4

lostfan4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My iPod touch 2G has a border of around the whole screen of solid black pixels where that screen starts. It was never noticable to me before which is why I think some happened to it. Are these dead pixels or have they always been there?

It's on my brother's 2G too and he said he noticed it after he dropped it but I've never dropped mine.

If this is a problem, what should I do to fix it?!
  2. keegan123

keegan123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I noticed this on mine after going from teth to unteth. I haven't found a way to fix it either. From the moment it boots there's a row of about 3 pixels around the entire edge of the screen like the alignment is off or something. The only program I've noticed so far that doesn't do this is the flashlight (becuase i was going to use it in a pic to show this). After a few days I hardly notice it though.
  3. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The black border is not part of the screen. The transparent area is too big for the actual screen so there is a little bit extre showing.. I think.
  4. keegan123

keegan123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's what I thought till i opened Flashlight from cydia. It uses every pixel i paid for

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    All white light can make you see things that aren't there. The border is there no matter how bright you turn the flashlight.
  6. keegan123

keegan123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just tried, white red blue etc, its all there in Flashlight, not any other app as of yet. Not that big of deal really, but I'm just saying, there's pixels not being used. I wish i had a better camera

7. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    this topic has already been brought up a loong time ago somewhere...
    my answer to it^^:

this is very usual and these dead pixels are there due manufacturing issues.
    the real resolution is still like apple announced

you got everything you paid for^^

these pixels are actually dead because there is no crystal underneath them. turn your screen off and hold it under very bright light for example sunlight and you will notice that the gap around the actual screen has another color than the working part of the LCD itself

that is because there are no crystals underneath them which are reflecting the light