Black Matte Incase Slider Review

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twigster9, Jul 28, 2009.

1. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Heres my take on the Black Matte Incase Slider ($34.99). Incase sent me a new Slider because my old one got stuck on my iPhone. (HERE). Pics are at the bottom.

This is my first review of anything ever so if it sucks sorry lol.

Description
    The black Incase slider is a sleek thin black case made of plastic with a soft rubber matte finish that feels pretty good in the hands. It has a two piece design where the top part separates from the bottom part to provide docking capability without fully taking the case off. All of the ports and switches are fully exposed which lets in a little bit of dust but its fine if you clean the case up. There is a railing around the bezel of the iPhone that is a bit above the screen so that when you set it down the railing its touching the ground and not the screen. The railing does "ride up" screen protectors and peels the edges off over time. There are also rubber railings on the inside of the case the keep the iPhone snug and secure, however this means that Zagg backings wont fit in it. Its very thin and just the right size. It provides minimal bulk compared with other cases.

Durablity
    The case is extremely durable and you can drop it, kick it and take a knife (yes a knife see link at the top) to it. When your iPhone is in this case its pretty damn secure. The case will not break or anything at all! Its tougher than most cases ive held/seen.

Protection
    It protects the iPhone pretty well but all of your ports switches, and the camera lens are 100% exposed. For the average Joe this provides damn good protection. I have no worries about having my iPhone break while its in this case.

Pack Ins
    The case comes with a video stand and a sticker but no screen protector. You would think that for $35 Incase would provide one but they're cheap. The stand is somewhat useful as many apps are landscape these days so you can use it as a stand for your desk. The box it comes in is fairly nice too.

Value
    The case is pretty expensive at $35 but the pack ins are good from my point of view because i dont use a screen protector. You may be thinking $35 for a piece of thin plastic that costs about $2 to make is expensive and you would be right. But you cant put a price on the quality and durability of the case protecting your iPhone. Its small and thin buts its designed to be that way to not be bulky. Overall its pretty good because of the protection it provides. Its worth it in the long run. $35 for damn good protection for a $99+ device is worth it!

Rating:
    Durablity: 10/10
    Protection: 9/10
    Packins: 8.9/10
    Value: 8.8/10
    Total: 91.75/100

Pics:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Front (and yes it comes with a free iPhone for those of you looking at the camera, jk).

Back

Box opened.

The pack ins: a video stand and an Incase sticker.

Top view

Bottom View

Left side

Right side

My iPhone 3GS in the video stand.

Side view of my iPhone 3GS in the video stand.

Done. Hope you enjoyed it! Feel free to drop a question or comment below.
  2. noremorse93

noremorse93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nice review...im thinking about getting one but in white..what do you think?white or black.?I like how the white is glossy...
  3. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've never held the white on but i heard its pretty good. Its slides around a bit due to the gloss and the gloss scratches a bit too but i wouldnt worry. The white will hide the scratches pretty well. And as for the sliding thing its not a big deal. It all comes down to personal preference and although i prefer black i wouldnt mind having the white one.
  4. noremorse93

noremorse93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I like the white alot and I wouldn't mind scratches on it ,as long as their not on the phone..
  5. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you like the white more than the black than i would get the white. There have been reports of the case scratching the phone but i think its just that people dont clean out all of the crap on the phone first before putting it on.
  6. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I have the Glossy White one, and its just amazing.
  7. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah all of the Incase sliders are basicly the same except for the finish. There top quality cases. Whichever case you get there all the same except for the finish so it comes down to personal preference of color.
  8. noremorse93

noremorse93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I want to get both invisible shield and the white incase slider...do you guys think that the phone will fit in the incase slider after the invisible shield is installed?
  9. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You mean the Zagg invisible shield? Nope. There are rubber rails on the inside of the case that will prevent the backing from fitting into it. The railings that cover the bezel will ride up the sides of the screen protector and peel the edges up eventually. You might have to trip the front a bit and then it will be ok. The back is a no go though.
  10. pidr029

pidr029 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    nice revw! so did incase ask u to send them ur old one?