Black hole WIP

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by berky93, Oct 24, 2009.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

i just finished draft 1 of my newest project. It's a black hole ready to suck in the Earth. It doesnt seem...finished to me though. I want some suggestions on how to improve this. So far I know that I need to adjust the smoothness of the earth. I also noticed that the particles that make up the black hole look a little pixelated (because they're set to sphere) so I'm gonna have to fix that too. i'm also thinking about a new camera angle, but i'll have to play around for the best results. obviously i've never seen a black hole before, so I'm not sure what makes for a realistic one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

unfortunately, i am somewhat limited because of the processing power I have a available to me. this image actually shows half of the total particles I wanted, but two different images with different seeds on each emitter overlayed onto one-another. This helps multiply the particle count, but it also has some disadvantages. i tried rendering it will full particles, but it crashed my laptop, my desktop, and even the computers in my school's 3d animation class that were designed for more complex scenes. I'd need to steal a computer from pixar to get this thing working. or maybe convince my teacher to build a render farm...
  2. therobinsonator

therobinsonator New Member

tis quite purdy... mmmm hmmmm
  3. OzOzy

OzOzy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well i dont think that any of us have seen one before but i have read that they are immense and their center is totally black because even the light cant escape from it.

My concept of a black hole is just something totally black and things (planets, stars, whole galaxies) coming from any direction to the center, not rotating like yours (is just my concept)

I think this black hole is like small. I see the earth fine.
  4. TDG

TDG Active Member

It looks somewhat... out of proportion.
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

well im trying to make it look like its in the background...may add a little bit of blur to the earth to help the effect, although that may look strange considering this isnt a 40-foot distance like youd expect with a blurred foreground object, but instead thousands of miles.

Actually, after looking at it, it seems the black hole should be alone or with different celestial objects (very small planets perhaps) and the earth would look good in its own image, with some tweaking of course. The earth seems to give off more of a "happy" glow and the black hole has more of a negative aura to it. plus I didn't edit the glow around the earth well so you can kinda see where it ends sharply instead of a smooth blur. i'll have to keep working on it.