Black Album Covers

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Classiq, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Classiq

Classiq New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Some of my album covers are plain black when there should be an album cover there. And sometimes it's the other way around when I scroll through Cover Flow, some of the album covers are black but when I play the song the cover is there all of a sudden.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
  2. loaf-

loaf- New Member

I havn't had this problem, but I know a few people that have. Based on what youre running in your post, I think, and this is just a guess, that it has something to do the the new itunes.
  3. Classiq

Classiq New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The album covers look good in iTunes but are screwing up on my iPod.
  4. loaf-

loaf- New Member

Yeah Ive seen screenshots of it. Sometimes it half loads and other times it's just black. Are these on iTunes songs or songs from other sources?
  5. Classiq

Classiq New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    From other sources. Limewire and *******s from the Internet./
  6. loaf-

loaf- New Member

I think that has something to do with it. The new iTunes doesnt seem to like other music.
  7. UltimatePein

UltimatePein New Member

im sorry to say this but im glad that im not the only one having these problems.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. ASiDiE

ASiDiE Member

So I kind of figured out what is happening here. I decided to delete all my music and use the Music Library for testing. I usually just copy over my MP3's right to the ipod in itunes. I then also find and copy over all my own cover art. I listen to a lot of rare metal, so most of the time, itunes doesn't have the covers anyway.

So I copied my music into the Library and copied over the cover art and then sync'ed it up. Every single album displayed just fine. I then decided to copy over one album right to the ipod and then imported the coverart. I then went into the coverflow on the ipod and almost every album was messed up somehow. Most of them wouldn't even show up at all and were just black. Some you could see as you went across, but when you got right on the Album, they were black.

I also tested this from a totally restored (non-jb) 2.1 version of the firmware downloaded straight from itunes. Same thing.

So it looks like coping your own music straight to the Ipod, 95% of the time messes up the cover art. I am hoping this will be fixed in the next release.
  9. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    sorry to go ot....but what kind of "rare metal" do you listen to?
  10. ASiDiE

ASiDiE Member

I wouldn't really call it rare... Just mostly from other countries. Bands like:

ChthoniC - Taiwan
    Dalriada - Hungary
    Profugun Mortis - Canada
    Shade Empire - Finland
    Swallow the sun - Finland
    Wolfmare - Russia
    Arkona - Russia