Bizarre Gmail problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ynara, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Ynara

Ynara New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My 1G ipod touch was running just fine, I had it all set up and it was running smoothly for a year. Then something happened the other day and I had to restore it - only it wouldn't, and kept coming up with errors so I had to restore it on my husbands computer. He put 2.2.1 back on it and then jailbroke it for me.

I have no idea if the restore is relevant, but my point is, it was working before, and now it's not. I have tried several different methods to access my gmail account on my ipod touch. I've tried just through Safari, I've tried through the gmail account info and then I've done the instructions on google to set up mail, calendar etc syncing (which is how I had it set up before). And then I tried deleting all those again and just doing it on the web, and it still does not work.

What happens is, I log into gmail, and it logs me in alright, and I can see my inbox. Sometimes I can even look at an email briefly, but every single time it is kicking me back to the log in screen within seconds. I don't understand it, I haven't messed with any settings on gmail, so I can only assume it is something to do with the ipod, but I can't work out what, or how to fix it.

Any help appreciated, it's driving me nuts!
  2. Shaded Light

Shaded Light Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    why didnt you just use the default mail app? and make sure you have POP enabled in your gmail settings at gmail.com