Bizarre 3G issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bldblu, Sep 11, 2009.

1. bldblu

bldblu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hello All,

The 3G 8gigger shows ringer on the screen,,so headphone jack i dont think is the problem,,I am still unable to hear through earpiece,unless using speakerphone,,blah blah,,have done the qtip/plugging/unplugging,etc nothing works,,but here is where it gets bizarre

when i dial out the phone call,,im using the speakerphone icon at present,,due to the earpiece problem,,but what I can not figure out,,is ABOVE the dialer keypad,,im just talking with a friend,,all of a sudden a beep,,then another beep,,i remove the phone from my ear,,and the beeps corresponding number on the keypad,,or whatever sound is designated when you push a certain number on the pad,,Anyways I talked for about 45 seconds,,told buddy i would call him back later

here is what dialer looked like

3233832883,,so the beeps i heard while talking were being entered above the dialer

Has Anyone heard of this?

Please Help
  2. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I dont kno alot about iphones but it sounds like a software problem try a restore?
  3. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What firmware r u running
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Sounds like a cable may be loose but that is just a guess.

Same cable should control the speaker as well as the sensor that shuts the screen off when it is close to your ear.
  5. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If your on 3.0 there was that whole security flaw in which someone could control the iPhone.