Birthday From Contacts to Calendar Notifications

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Nokturnal, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Nokturnal

Nokturnal New Member

I usually fail miserably at remembering everyone's birthday. My touch is jailbroke, and I have the updated calendar, but I think it would be really helpful if the calendar could communicate with the contacts app so that when one of my contacts birthdays was coming up, it would show on the correct month/date. Either that or just a plain and simple birthday app that would give you a heads up when a birthday was near.
    Cheers,
    Nok
  2. afiqqq

afiqqq New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i agree with this. someone please develop this.
  3. Ishiro

Ishiro New Member

I just registered here to ask if such a calendar-adressbook-communication is possible. Then I found this thread...

Has there been any progress concerning this issue? Has somebody already developed such an app?
    I mean, loads of people would use it, I am sure

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Nokturnal

Nokturnal New Member

5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I have a birthday specific sync with iCal. Windows I'm guessing?
  6. funclass

funclass New Member

I´m developing such an application for Mac OS X. There you can choose multiple things for birthday reminding and also add persons wich are not in addressbook. It will scan the addressbook an then create a new (editable) carlendar to ical. You can add alerts and notes so that you´ll never forget a birthday.
    On iPod/iPhone the problem is that you can´t create new carlendars. Maybe i will develop an equal app a day...
    For the Mac-app just stay tuned on funclass.wordpress.com . If there is a final version there you can get it! Wishlist to this app pleas send type a comment...
  7. fractalmonkey

fractalmonkey New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Birthday App

We've developed a nifty app called iKandl that allows you to send greetings and keep track of birthday information pulled from your contact list and Facebook account. You can find it at the iTunes store.