BIOs

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by TJd, Dec 8, 2007.

1. TJd

TJd New Member

Searched n nothing. This is my situation: I recently retired my iPod because if a little error, everything went fine. Had to reinstall everything I lost. Then when I used ishare to download a game to gba it finally worked. When I went to play it said I needed a bios(had one b4 restore). I go to connect to winscp and connection timed out (had SSH on). My questions: 1) is there any other way to get it onto my touch? 2) I have the bios from version 5 that a mod sent me, will it still work? Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. Sry for bothering
  2. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

1. No, you can only use a client for transferring things. Such as WinSCP, or CuteFTP Pro.

2. The bios should work, seeing as a moderator gave it to you.

Ok if the connection timed out, make sure you have SSH on. Turn it on, then reboot your ipod. Also your touch has to be plugged in too. Anyways it should be able to connect, and make sure your typing in the right IP adress, and password. And port number 22, and if this still hasn't helped you... Well there is a WinSCP tutorial, just search for it.
  3. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

Thats not true, you can use iBrickr; Google it, its really easy to use and connect
  4. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

the reason that u cant login is because, after restoring an ipod, its ip adress is changed, so u need to create a new session in winscp using the new ip adress (go to settings, wifi, then click the blue arrow next to the network ur logged into) type that in as the host name
  5. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

quick fix: if you use a router (which im assuming so), just use static DHCP to lease the same mac address (in this case, the ipods' wireless adapters' mac address) a fixed ip address no matter what. that way you dont have to update your winscp profile every time the ipods' ip address changes.
  6. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

O you're right.

Please Register or Log in to view images

sorry for my mistake...
  7. TJd

TJd New Member

Ok got it to work

Please Register or Log in to view images

but i have a bit of a mental block. Where do u put the bios?
  8. Nordini

Nordini Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    open WinSCP or whatever you use and go to media_sym/applications/gpSPhone folder and copy it into there.

make sure to right click then click properties and change the permission to 755 when you have it in there so it will run.
  9. montreealman

montreealman New Member

go to you tube ipodtouchmaster for bios and the the file should go to var/media/roms/gbs/ of course they should be in the right format. when you open the gbs on your touch you will seee the correct patth to take