Bigpond email not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sean the Pirate, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Sean the Pirate

Sean the Pirate New Member

Howdy.

I've been trying to get my bigpond email address working on my iPod Touch. iTunes does its job of finding the address via Outlook just fine and load it up onto my iPod Touch. However, when I try to check for new emails it keeps telling me the either my username or password is not correct. I know that this is not the case. Has anyone else had this issue and found a way to resolve it?

Cheers,
    Sean
  2. Chungii_V_

Chungii_V_ New Member

I know this is an old thread but I have just gone though a couple of days (on and off) trying to figure this out on my wife's ipod.
    I set up my account through the ipod rather than try sync and each time I it wouldn't work properly. I had outlook open to ensure I was getting the set up right.
    Today I thought what the hell one more go; and it works and here is why:

GO TO ipod settings
    -mail settings
    -Select account
    -advanced settings
    -change server port for incoming settings to 110
    (for some reason after initial set up this changes back to 995 (default setting maybe?) but once I changed it to 110 i could receive mail.
    Also it's worth noting that only outlook or ipod individually worked okay but one had to be switched off for the other to work.

I am still to check if I can send (just happy I can receive). I'll get back to you again if more tinkering is needed for this.

Hopefully this will give someone some joy because I could not get any help from apple or telstra bigpond support teams. As I said it's an old thread but it actually comes at the top of the search when I ask google why my bigpond won't work so at least the answer is here for others to find now!