Biggest waste of my time and money ever

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by chameleon2424, Jul 14, 2009.

1. chameleon2424

chameleon2424 New Member

I've read other threads about it, but they say just to unplug it and plug it back in. I've tried. They say not to put it in dfu mode before starting the jailbreak. I don't. They say to restore than try again. I have.They say run as administrator on vista. I am. I've tried compatibility mode too. Nothing. What the hell is wrong?

----------------------------------

I should have just stuck with 2.2.1, this is just ridiculous. I've tried everything there is to try. I don't have an xp to use, so I have to do it on vista. Is there any way to downgrade back to 2.2.1? It will be a waste of 10 dollars that I used to go to 3.0, but it's not worth it if I can't jailbreak it and make my ipod back to the perfection I had in 2.2.1.
  2. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry, but what are so experiencing? You don't really point out your problem so I cant really help you.
  3. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wyndwarior is kinda right, so i can't either ...
    Bu i think you followed THE answers of this forum and het stuck into it , right?
    Maybe you don't know but on each forum every answers that may help you is just an advice!!
  4. ICanSeeClearly

ICanSeeClearly New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Vista works fine.
  5. chameleon2424

chameleon2424 New Member

Sorry, I was really mad and tired when I wrote that since it won't work and it was 3am. Anyway, I'm trying to jailbreak my ipod and it won't work no matter what. It keeps getting stuck at the waiting for reboot part. I've run out of things to try.
  6. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    You get upset pretty easily...

What OS are you running, 32 or 16, Vista or XP, etc.
  7. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I Jailbroke using XP, i also guided my friend Alex through the process via webcam and he was using Vista, worked flawlessly. Make sure you've set redsn0w to compatability mode (windows xp sp 2). Make sure you DONT have libusb installed as it f***s it up. Put your iPod into DFU mode and run redsn0w by right clicking and pressing RUN AS ADMIN (I'm on XP so it may be worded differently xD)

(Oh and in Response for stuck at reboot, just simply re run redsn0w, dont unplug the iPod (or iPhone) just re open redsn0w and try again.)
  8. chameleon2424

chameleon2424 New Member

I didn't get upset easily. It took me a long time to get upset. First it took 3 and a half hours just for my ipod to restore. Then I tried to jailbreak eight times. I'm on vista. I've tried compatibility mode and that didn't work. I'll try it again though.

It didn't work it got stuck again! What the freak am I doing wrong.
  9. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Redownload your firmware and try the process again.
  10. Greekone

Greekone Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had this same thing happen to me and i put it
    in dfu mode the manual way by holding... well you should know
    but it worked for me that way

Please Register or Log in to view images

p.s i hold them both till my pc make the first sound like i pluged
    something in then i release power till it make the second noise then it's in dfu