Bigger is better, and here's why.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zc456, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Warning: TL;DR

I know I'm not gonna convince everyone everyone, and some will happily admit that. I just thought show that yes it is a big iPod Touch, but that's not a bad thing. For those of you who an't giving up your iPod Touch (and I'm not saying you haft to), I just thought I point this out before you make it any negative comments.

Please Register or Log in to view images

While you can browse the entire web as if it were a desktop (see what I did thar?) on the iPod Touch, your restricted to tiny little text the size of the ant. Forcing you to zoom in to see what they said. It gets annoying. Because when you haft to type something, your automatically zoomed in. Then when you want to to submit something, lets say on a message board, chances are your biting nails hoping you fat finger didn't press the wrong button to submit. Go ahead. Go to Multitouch Fans from your iPod Touch.

Now I'm not saying what Apple did here its a bad thing. Its just a hassle.

I haven't held an iPad, nor have I touched it. However, it isn't rocket science to know that to accomplish this same task would be much 100% easier on the iPad then an iPhone or iPod Touch. It is lighter, thiner, and quitter. No zooming in required because 90% of the web is built around the 1024x768 resolution that the iPad uses. All because they increased the resolution and put an OS that makes sense on this kind of device. Same goes for other applications that would be better suited on bigger screens (which there a lot).

Macworld give good possibilities of what you could do with it. Of course, it involves a little imagination. I know it hurts. I'm sorry.

2. maxam

maxam Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It would be big but its hard to keep it in your pocket. You might need a separate bag just for that.
  3. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I agree with maxam there... Furthermore, I already carry a slightly-bigger notebook with me on a daily basis... So what difference does that tablet make?

The iPod touch's a different story altogether... Yup, I know that the screen is freaking tiny and the words look like ants but still, I like the pocket-sized convenience to handle my daily work... Anyway, I've been a Palm and Sony Clie user during my earlier days and what's the deal about an iPoT?

4. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Eh, I tried. I rather not sound like an advertisement over the whole slim factor so I'll shut up. Getting tired of the debates and prefer to wait for it to come out in all honesty. Though I did wanted to make that clear.
  5. ACSFernalld

ACSFernalld New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I agree with all of your points, and plan to purchase an iPad the first day it is available... but I must criticize you for one thing.. "haft to"? Really? It is have to. And quitter? Quieter, you may mean? How do you know this?

I'm quite sorry, I had to!

6. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    size is not an innovation. Size is a convenience or inconvenience depending on the perspective. I'm still not sold.
  7. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think zooming is a small price to pay for portability. Carrying it in your pocket is one thing and carrying in a backpack is another.
  8. Zc456

Zc456 Member

True it is all about perspective and personal preference.

Right... and I'm sure netbooks are horribly tidies to use then. Honestly, both there purposes are the same.

Only making this response because this is my thread.
  9. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    "It is lighter, thiner, and quitter." The iPad is heavier than the iPhone and iTouch, thicker than the iPhone and iTouch, and probably louder than the iPhone and iTouch.
  10. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    but even Steve Jobs himself said that the iPad is NOT a replacement for a laptop. even a netbook is still more versatile than the iPad. The problem I see and why I think the majority of the masses aren't fawning over it is that this is a niche product. While an iPod/iPhone is a mass market product that appeals to many people in many walks of life with many levels of technical prowess, the iPad is targeting the type of people that want technology but not the effort of learning the basics of a computer system. They're trying to set a new standard for the low end technology which is something nobody expected.

Now just so you have more insight into my perspective. I'm not a fan of Macs. to me they're like the difference of working on a Ford engine compared to a Honda. Everything seems out of place and on it's side to me. But I am a huge fan of the Apple iDevices. So you can see how I, like many, felt let down by the underwhelming release of the iPad. To me it felt like they are trying to replace the clipboard instead of trying to contribute to the tablet market.

That being said, I personally don't feel that the technology offered justifies the inconvenience of adding a iPad to the technology I carry around on a daily basis. This is just my opinion on the matter.