BigDaveyJ Photoshop Tuts! #1 Personal Backgrounds

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by BigDaveyJ, May 2, 2008.

1. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Basic Backgrounds

Well here is mine so far, it isnt done but its a good start!

http://touchrevteam.com/bigdaveyj/Wallpaper

Well to start! Hey! I'm BigDaveyJ! Not the most loved member but hey, lets get down to buisness!

Most people want a cool background for their iPod, but dont know anything to do besides get photoshop and WINGIT!

Well HERE IS WHY IM HERE! To help people make great things! The first one is going to be basic, and i am going to make more and more, as i develope mine!

Windows to Mac Keys
    ctrl=command
    alt=option

1. Ok, first open Photoshop and make a new project. Make it 320 Width and 480 Height MAKE SURE IN PIXELS ON LEFT SIDE! Then make it 150 dpi, It should be 72 to start, and make syre the color is RGB Then change the background to Black by clicking Ctrl+I

2. In the bottom half of this, make a new text area with the T in the bar to the left. Pick white as the color in the top bar, click a black box and click the white area. then go to around the top part, Just picture the fourth layer of icons and place it there. Write whatever you want it there in a cool text, But make sure you PUT A SPACE BETWEEN EACH LETTER Like mine was BigDaveyJ, i wrote it as B i g D a v e y J.

3. Center it and then click the Magnifying glass and then click and hold and make a square over all of the text you had, that will make it close and good.

4. Make a new layer in the bottom right corner, it shud look like a piece of paper on top of another piece of paper, Hover over it for sureness. Then choose the paint looking one and choose an awesome color. Then outline your text with carefully, a great way to do it is with clicking the letter once and holding shift then just keep clicking. Itll make a line from one spot to another.

5. If all you want is text, and you want it to drip like blood, or something, then go to the top dropdown bar and go to Filter----> Liquify A screen will popup and you can drag the text with warp. On the right you will see things like Brush Density and Pressure. Make the Brush Size 25 and make the pressure as large or small as you want, the larger it is, the more it will drag. and just use that and edit it as you wish.

6. Once you are done with that then you will be able to make it have cool effects. In the bottom right part there shud be a button that has FX on it. Click it and choose Bevel and Emboss On the bottom choose a darker or lighter version/hue of your color. I chose darker.

7. Then once you do with BOTH Color "Palletes", then you can edit how it looks. Experiment with the circle, as you drag the "aimer" to different areas of the circle, itll change the look!

8. After that find a cool picture [I made mine] on google images or something and make a top picture, you can see the one i did for my friend at http://touchrevteam.com/bigdaveyj/Koz

9. To edit that just either go to Edit- Transform- Scale and make it smaller, and then just delete the rest with the magic wand tool. It deletes by color so watch out, just select the area of the image and hit delete when it is selected. After this is done hit Ctrl+D to deselect the area. Then once that is done you can move it to where you want it!

10. Save as a .png!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

My next on will be Flame Text!!!!​
  2. SUPERBXD

SUPERBXD Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Nice Tutorial ! lol. Reserved Post!
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Detailed guide, but all the links you posted are blocked. (just FYI)
  4. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thats right they blocked our website for some reason and wont undo it, copy and paste it into your browser then, sorry....