BigBoss Flashlight Problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Xialen, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Xialen

Xialen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello!

It seems that using the BigBoss Flashlight.app has dimmed my screen to a point where the screens back light is not even turning on anymore.

From what little I can make out on the screen, I have navigated into my settings and turned the brightness all the way up. It was completely unresponsive. I have attempted to reboot. This also gave me no success. Opening the flashlight app again does nothing, tapping the screen to swtich the light on/off/or to flash does nothing.

I am left with a dim lifeless ipod! ah!

Any ideas?
  2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    first thing to try: wait for someone to post a good answer (better then this one)
    second thing to try: reinstall
    and if that doesen't work: send back to apple (NOT JAILBROAKEN!)
  3. Xialen

Xialen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i just hope it does not come down to that!
  4. 416freeze

416freeze New Member

Hey my 1st post I think!

This happened to me too.. so #1, I stopped using that app. #2, get the app store one, which is less superior obviously. #3, I had to reboot 3 times to get my backlight back! But it did come back... but after a couple heart attacks.

Keep rebooting, it'll come back...

5. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How did the Flashlight app dim your iPod? Isn't it supposed to brighten the screen? Like a flashlight?

Anyway, I've never heard of this before. Try using the brightness toggle in SBSettings, just as an alternative. It probably won't work, but give it a shot. If that doesn't work, try a "Reset All Settings" (Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings), and if that doesn't work, restore.
  6. Nachito

Nachito New Member

As 416freeze said, rebooting a couple of times will solve your problem.

It's funny. I got to this thread after searching on the forum because I had the exactly same problem and I wanted to see if there was already a thread about it, but instead of asking for a solution, I'm the one who is giving one, haha.
  7. chessplayer

chessplayer New Member

This just happened to me 10 minutes ago.. Flashlight went really bright, and then shortly after I quit the Flashlight app, I noticed my iPod display became really dim. I tried to turn on Flashlight again, hoping it would do a reset, but it did not. Then, I went to my iPod's Settings->Brightness to adjust the brightness, but this did not work either.

Finally, I tried rebooting (pressing the off button and the Home button at the same time) until the red slider came out. I had to do this a couple of times (remember to hold the off button and home button long enough) and voila, the display's brightness is back to normal.

Please Register or Log in to view images