BIG WiFi Problems on 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by xblade420, Aug 9, 2008.

1. xblade420

xblade420 New Member

i was sitting steady at 2.0 when i decided to upgrade to 2.0.1 with the new version of pwnage. everything went smooth until i tried to access my home network (completely unprotected)... though the WiFi DOES connect to the router and everything, no apps or safari can access the internet.

i get "safari can't open this page because it is not connected to the internet" EVERY FREAKIN TIME i try to refresh, change, or whatever anything to the damn WiFi. i know the settings are all good, and this is clearly a huge issue with 2.0 and 2.0.1 jailbroken or not. i've read countless messages on forums on apple's site, and numerous others that have people getting the same thing. yet, nothing on this site that i can find.

anyone having this issue? if so, did you find a fix? ...does anyone know anything about this?
  2. vashz

vashz New Member

Yeah . . . I had this once.

I tried to reset my iPod and switch my wifi off>on>off>on for several times but nothing change. I still get "safari can't open this page because it is not connected to the internet".

So I went to check my wifi info (when you click the blue arrow next to the WiFi network name).

They show "IP" and "Subnet" normally but "Router" and "DNS" won't show up.

I clicked "Renew Lease" but nothing happen again so I wait and thing what's wrong with my iPod.

Then something happen, "Router" and "DNS" just suddenly show up.

I return to home and try to access the internet and it's WORK normally ! !

I don't know what happen but I'd like you to try it.

Hope this fix.
  3. xblade420

xblade420 New Member

yea i tried all of that too. but even when i see the router and dns show up, it still doesnt work. idk, i've downgraded to 2.0 like 3 times now and then went to 2.0.1 (unjailbroken) and the WiFi worked so then i redid it all with pwnage and it didnt work for me. the dns and router show up, but the damn thing wont get the internet even though its connected
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    these problems seem to be with 2.0.1 only whether jailbroken or not (at least for me and alot of people i've read about having the same problem).

i did notice that alot of iphone users were complaining of this issue on 2.0 firmware, but it seems to be more of an issue with 2.0.1 for the itouch
  4. Kr0nK

Kr0nK New Member

Reset network connections something similar just happened to me
  5. FlipJonesy

FlipJonesy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Try following these directions
  6. milfette

milfette New Member

That didnt help because i dont have a rouder or dns numer listed for my router.
    That ive never seen before. I jailbroke to 2.01 last night after having an ordinary 2.0 since its release
  7. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey
    i had a similar issue on 2.0 and 2.0.1

Try setting your ipod to a static Ip instead of a dynamic IP, that worked for me
  8. psp2468

psp2468 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Im having this problem too. Sadly none of your above helps worked. Damn this is annoying.

Oh well, time to restore

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. apple123

apple123 New Member

If that works for you, congratulations. I tried restoring and get the SAME problem.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. psp2468

psp2468 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yup, it still isn't working for me. Though I found out it is my wireless that isnt connecting properly even though it did on 2.0.

Are you by any chance using a old laptop as your router instead of a proper router? That's what I'm using and I thought maybe in 2.0.1 they dont allow that or sometihng...

Its really annoying me.