Big Wifi Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Safari Al, May 6, 2008.

1. Safari Al

Safari Al New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is not sounding good at all, seeing as I have restored 3 times in DFU mode already. My iPod detects the wifi and joins perfectly fine. I try to load google in safari, and I get the page cannot load screen. I have tried Ziphone's wifi fix, which didn't look like it worked at all. I've been having some major troubles lately, one being that after jailbreaking my iPod, there's always some consequence. This time it doesn't matter if it's jailbroken or not, it still won't do anything. Please, I need major help here.

-Al
  2. Safari Al

Safari Al New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    please anyone help, I really need to get this fixed!
  3. smoothsurfer

smoothsurfer New Member

did you check your settings?

check settings and make sure you are connected, if you have a dns number you are connected if not then you are not connected even though you may have good signal strength and some pages seems to take longer to load with safari , l have same issues sometimes
  4. chriscoyne

chriscoyne New Member

Yes SmoothSurfer is right. Go to settings with WiFi set to On...Select your WiFI and tap on the Blue Arrow.

Under 'DHCP" you can change the DNS Servers.
    Under "Static" you can edit all the information manually.

Option 1

Try OpenDNS

Set your DNS to: 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220

Option 2

Under Static Tab:

IP Address: 192.168.1.150
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Router: 192.168.1.1
    DNS: 192.168.1.1

So try this. It might be good to go to settings/General/Reset/Resetnetworksetting and do the reset.

Chris
  5. Safari Al

Safari Al New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have followed the guide at the top (almost the same as this) and did all those things. I tried again just incase and no luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Thanks for trying. Anymore help would be greatly appreciated!
  6. Splex

Splex Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    have u tried it from more than just 1 wifi? if it is your own home's wifi, try it at a friends house or coffeshop with wifi, if you have tried it on more than 1 wifi(and more than 1 website i mite add - common sense), and it gives you the same msg then i suggest phonin up apple this instant and get your brand new ipod touch. It is most likely a hardware problem which apple covers under warranty.

edit: if your phoning them then say that what you have here, except for the jailbreaking stuff since that voids your warranty. say u've restores numerous times and your wifi still doesn't work. you can also to an apple store near you if u can, and they will most likely swap ur old ipod for a brand new 1 right on the spot
  7. Safari Al

Safari Al New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's most likely what I have to do. I have DFU Retored no jailbreak, So I'll give them a call, and see what happens. Thanks for the help.