Big Pwnage problem

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by HolyXTwilight13, Apr 19, 2008.

1. HolyXTwilight13

HolyXTwilight13 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok so i woke up this morning thinking "hmm i should try out using pwnage today" so i download what i think the 1.1.4 ipod firmware file, browse for it in pwnage, and start the pwn process. So it says everything is going smoothly and to wait for the reboot. I wait 5 minites. Then 10 minutes. Then 20 minutes but still nothing. ive decided that there must be something wrong so i quit pwnage and unplug my ipod. The screen is blank, it wont turn on, itunes wont recognize it, and it wont charge. after a little while of being plugged in itunes starts jumping it says that an IPHONE has been deteced in recovery mode and needs to be restored. It turns out when i started pwning i was using an iphone firmware and not ipod. do'h! anyway, is there any way out of this?? please ask questions if u nees more info. thanks!
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try repwning with the correct firmware?
  3. shalashaska

shalashaska New Member

Well if it says its in recovery mode...might as well restore it and it should take you back to the proper 1.1.4 for your device...Then find the file you need, browse blah blah blah, then if you come across the same problem that it is not restarting, restart it yourself...that SHOULD work..
  4. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  5. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

Are you sure that pwnage was the problem? .... just reading the thread heading.
  6. gnomo

gnomo New Member

7. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

try plugging your ipod into usb to mac then try putting into recovery mode with the home and sleep buttons
  8. HolyXTwilight13

HolyXTwilight13 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yep we have the same problem. i just scheduled an appointment at the genius bar at my apple store. hopefully they wont notice that ive jailbroken and if they dont replace it they might be able to just get the screen to start working and i can try restoring again. looks like we're just 2 peas in an (i)pod. (sorry but i had to say it)