iOS 4.1 BIG problems jailbreaking 3GS 4.1 with Pwnagetool.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by VinnieB, Oct 21, 2010.

1. VinnieB

VinnieB New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi. I use a Mac with iTunes 10 and 10.6.4. So, I was on 4.0.1, unlocked with Ultrasn0w. I thought that I'd like to update to 4.1, and using the new Pwnagetool, cooked up a firmware file. Following all the instructions, keeping the much needed baseband untouched in the update, and putting the phone into DFU mode, I did the Option + Restore in iTunes, and everything went well, UNTIL the end of the restore in iTunes, where it was literally mm's away from the end of the bar, yet only about 5/8 of the way on the actual iPhone restore screen. After leaving this for about 30 minutes with no progress, I finally had to unplug it.

Now, when I try to boot it up, it instantly goes to Recovery Mode, not even enabling me to put it into DFU mode anymore (or so I think). I've tried countless amounts of 4.1 custom restores, 4.1 customs restores with TSS server going, 4.0.1 restores with TSS server going, but nothing works for me; either getting the not quite finished problem, or the error 21 problem.

Does anyone have ANY idea how I might be able to overcome this? Much appreciate, thank you!
  2. hakonl

hakonl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You should be able to get into DFU mode as it is hardcoded into the hardware... Software can't stop you from entering DFU and it would be very strange if you couldn't. Are you sure you're doing it right? Try to read some instructions or find a video on how to do it. Remember when you are in DFU your screen is all black like it is turned off and you have to be connected through USB.