Big Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by umi, Mar 20, 2009.

1. umi

umi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hi,
    my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen. can't be restored...
    Everytime i want to restore Error 1611 happens, this happens because the Ipod reboots every few seconds... If i want to restore it first changes from the Connect-to-itunes-DFU-Symbol to the Apple,then the spinning wheel appears for 2 Seconds and the ipod restarts... Itunes tries 3 times and then says Error 1611. I got no warranty so help me, i want to Jailbreak it...
    Edit: i've got an eMac with Leopard
  2. tj_harris24

tj_harris24 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Daggum, n00bz. Restore it with iTunes with the old SHIFT+CLICK thing and then try to re-jailbreak.
  3. umi

umi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)

The Problem is not the jailbreak, i can't even get to try it,because when i want to create a modified .ipsw with Pwnage Tool (Leopard) and the ipod is in dfu, he reboots so i can't get a working .ipsw
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    You can ignore the jailbreak thing if you want, i can't even restore with the Original Firmware (WITH ALT+Click), how can i stop the ipod from rebooting?
  4. Man696

Man696 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Something like this happened to me the very first time I jailbroke and I was really confused. I could get the DFU mode white screen but my ipod would magically just jump out of DFU mode and go to the boot logo and turn on.
    I don't know what I did wrong or why it eventually worked but I just kept putting it in dfu and replugging and after a few tries it worked. For me the best times are home + power for 10 seconds, let go of power and continue to hold home for 8 seconds. I use those times regardless of the beeps my computer makes and it works every time.
  5. umi

umi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I will try this, thank you

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    I hope i understood you, i did the following:
    -plugged Ipod in my Mac
    -turned power off
    -hold power and home button for 10 secs -> Home now 8 secs
    -Mac plays the sound
    -restored it
    The iPod still reboots so the restoration can't be finished...
    Error 1611