Big Problem -.-

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Tylerg123, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Tylerg123

Tylerg123 New Member

I noticed the 1.1.2 update on iTunes and installed it, I looked at my ipod and all my apps were gone etc. So I came on here looking for a jailbreak for 1.1.2 and when i tried to do it. The program needed me to download Oktoprep which I remember being on the download list for 1.1.1 installer.app. I tried to restore but it still updates to 1.1.2, any suggestions?

email me if you can but posting is fine

tylerg123@hotmail.com
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You will have to downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak again, install Oktoprep, update to 1.1.2 and use the Java script to jailbreak to 1.1.2. Unfortunately...

I suppose you know the link, but here it is anyway: http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html
  3. Tylerg123

Tylerg123 New Member

thats basically my question, how do I downgrade to 1.1.1?
  4. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. Tylerg123

Tylerg123 New Member

When i download the .ipsw file where do I put it and what do i do after? sorry for the simple questions but Im lost ATM
  6. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Here's a good guide, if you're lost with the rest: http://www.g3fusion.com/?p=15

It's not that difficult: download this .ipsw file (it doesn't matter where you save it), later iTunes will ask you where it is. Read the whole guide and it will make more sense than reading one bit at a time

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

Save the .ipsw (the firmware) to any convenient place. I have a folder dedicated to iTouch stuff. Then when you shift click on restore, navigate to this file.
  8. ben471

ben471 New Member

Read the readme WELL, it explains everything!!!!!
    This method always works, and I know I've done it 3 times

9. vanillaportal

vanillaportal New Member

it's a god damn simple question, just freaking give him the answer instead of asking him to dig through the texts in readme...........if you can type multiple posts to ask him to read the readme file, why dont you tell him the asnwer in one simple sentence? i dont understand why there are people acting like this all the time, sigh..........

one sentence answer here:
    HOLD "Shift" key while clicking the the "Restore" button in itune, then select the firmware file to restore it.
  10. Frere

Frere New Member

Did exactly as per instructions in the G3 Fusion link, and still having the same issues as the OP. Held down the shift key, held down the Apple key while clicking on the restore tab, there just wasnt the ability to browse around and select the 1.1.1 file (yes, renamed as iPod1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw taking care to remove the .zip suffix). Computer is a dual PowerMac 2Ghz, a PPC, OS X 10.4.11, iTunes is version 7.5, and whenever I am prompted to 'restore and update', there isn't the option available to browse around and select the Restore.ipsw :/

Have just been trying this all night in a user account, well away from the root/administrator account and not getting anywhere, so may as well rename this user account 'loser' account

Seriously, any further pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Frere