Big Problem with LockBackground.jpg

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Landario, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Landario

Landario New Member

Hello,

i got a Problem with setting the "Wallpaper" meaning the Background of the Lock screen.

Originally it was a picture with Earth. So i went through some Postings to see how it can be changed.

What i did was convert a JPG file to PNG and transfer it to the /Library/Wallpaper folder. Maybe i made a mistake here since i left the original name and did not rename it to 119.png (there were files 00 to 118). Anyway when i went to Settings on the Ipod and change Background the pic showed up in the selection with the standard backgrounds of Apple.

But then hell broke lose. When i tried to set it as Wallpaper the Ipod showed a grey background with saying "Synchronizing" on top. Not the usual Sync screen. And this kept on forever until i aborted with home button.

After that i synced with ITunes and a black screen appeared saying Scaling ......also no reaction.

After this i checked the Ipod which Picture actually was the new "lockBackground.jpg" now and it was the one i set but the Problem is whenever the Ipod goes into Locked mode the screen only shows the green battery with a black background.

Ipod got Firmware 1.1.2 with Jailbreak. Springboard is installed and Customize too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
    Landario
  2. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think where you screwed up was converting the file. The touch uses a .jpg file for the bacground not a .png. You can use any of your photos for a background on the lock screen. The background for your springboard you change with summerboard. The easiest way is to edit a theme by replacing the background image in the theme's folder. Otherwise just load the image into iTunes and set it as your background in settings. Delete the image you ssh'd in. Hope I was some help.
  3. Landario

Landario New Member

Hello,

i already deleted that file and set one of the "original" Apple Backgrounds as background for the Lock Screen, i chose the "Earth" Picture.

It still only shows a black background although when i check the LockBackground.jpg via FTP it shows the "Earth" Picture.

Something screwed up there or is some Setting in either SBB or Customize preventing the Pic from showing ?

Landario
  4. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Is your iPod plugged in to your computer? The lock screen displays the battery when its charging. Unplug it.

Restart your iPod maybe.
  5. Landario

Landario New Member

Hello,

God...that was the prob....you can call me dumbass for one day

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thank you a lot !

Landario
  6. ThatWasOffTheHook

ThatWasOffTheHook New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you may not need it anymore, but just to let you know, you dont have too go through all that trouble to get a diff Lock Background. Just right click a picture of google images or w/e and click save as and name it ,
    "LockBackground.png" and then just drag that into /var/root/Library..and thats it!

Please Register or Log in to view images