BIG problem with Ipod touch 2nd gen.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JJ-Hoon, Feb 25, 2009.

1. JJ-Hoon

JJ-Hoon New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yo! today i was jailbreakin my pod with the tutorial that Dinozambas on youtube provided using Cywood. previously, i tried Tys tutorial from (tysiphonehelp on youtube) and that didnt work. i downloaded all the neccesary files, and it didnt work for me. so i gave Dinozambas video a try. it worked fine until i got to step four, which required me to restore the Ipod to a firmware that i previously made with Cywood(i didnt do this.) Instead, i used the Custom firmware provided by TY in his video which i already downloaded. i thought that they were both custom firmware for the same jailbreak so i thought there would be no problems. however, when i proceeded to step 5, completing step 4 using tys CF, step 5 told me to put the Ipod into DFu mode. i tried, and when i held the power and hold button for ten seconds while my ipod was connected, i did not hear a chime, but a balloon popped up and told me that windows did not recognize this device. i tried a million times before, still nothing. rebooted the computer, nothing. same with reinstalling itunes. so i unplugged my iPod, and i tried to turn it on. DEAD i tried reseting it, and nothing. my ipod died! i really hope someone can help me! does the warranty cover this? i d love anyones help on this one. thanks- josh.
  2. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Try DFU again. The bubble saying it does not recognize the device is a good thing. Just DFU.
  3. JJ-Hoon

JJ-Hoon New Member

Device:
    iPad
    allrite ill try again. i hold sleep and home button for 10 seconds and the release power button and keep holdin home. gotcha.
    thanks
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    nope. it aint working bro... lol yeh it was a good thing at first i thought becuase thats what he told me what would happen, cept i didnt hear the chime when i DFUed and my pod doesnt restore.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    yo! THANKS BRO! you da man! i DFUed agian, and my ipod got recognised man! cept i cant restore it... dayum could you help with this last thing mang?
  4. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

hold shift + click restore, then select the newest firmware.
  5. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wait you downloaded the custom firmware? You need to make it in cywood. Don't folk a bid for it, there are already simple instructions in it
  6. B2TheEYo

B2TheEYo New Member

A good trick to perfecting the DFU processor is open your windows clock, time yourself with the seconds on the clock. I always get it the first time. Counting in your head doesn't work unless you can completely count perfectly in timing regards.