BIG Problem W/My Ipod Touch, That I Tried to Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by vikboi28, Feb 8, 2010.

1. vikboi28

vikboi28 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So last night I tried to Jailbreak my Ipod Touch 2nd Generation with help from this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFEk_nt4ZtM

I did everything he said right until I clicked on the boot.bat. My screen on my Ipod did not turn white, I know something went wrong.

So than I decided to stop and went to Itunes to try and restore. But I didn’t restore it last night because a message popped up saying “all of your media and other data will be erased.” And at the time I did not know if it meant that everything would be erased on my Ipod or in my Itunes. It would take forever to add all of my songs, videos, apps etc. to my library all over again.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I created a thread in a different forum asking what that message meant. By the time I got a response this morning they said yeah, it will erase everything off your Ipod not your Itunes and that’s exactly what I wanted to do.

So I plugged my Ipod into my computer and opened up my Itunes, but I got a message saying "USB Device Not Recognized."

Now when I go to my Itunes I can’t even get to the first screenshot I took and so I can’t click on restore anymore. I should’ve just clicked restore last night while I had the opportunity to. Or would that not have fixed my problem?

As you can imagine my Ipod screen is black you can’t see anything at all amd it’s completely unresponsive since I did not finish Jailbreaking it.

I went on Youtube to try and see if I could get it out of DFU mode, but no matter what I did it was still unresponsive. I tried to hold down both the Power button and the Home button for about 10 seconds and than you’re suppose to hear ding or something on your computer, which I never heard. And than I let go of the Power button but kept holding the Home button for another 8-10 seconds. Still nothing happened at all. I tried so many different ways to get it out of DFU mode and I didn’t get anything out of any of them.

This would be a shame if this is unfixable because I just spent $300 last May for it.

What can I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Jordan
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Try a different cable and a usb port.
  3. vikboi28

vikboi28 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've tried every usb port on both of my computers. But I do have another usb cable that has never been used before that I could try.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I tried to plug My Ipod into my computer using the new cable and I got the same message "USB Device Not Recognized." I tried all three usb ports, none of them worked.
  4. steelie_maniac

steelie_maniac New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Were you holding home when you plug it in? Just a thought.
  5. vikboi28

vikboi28 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yep

6. christianbrown

christianbrown New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just to piggyback on this, I have the same problem. I just got touch today and tried to jailbreak it using blackrain. Everything started will, I got the picture of the child on the screen. It went black an nothing happened again. I tried recovery, different cables, using Windows 7, Windows XP, and Mac OS Leopard. Each time, Itunes see it in recovery mode but, I get different error number ranging from 1601 to 1603 depending on the operation system. At this point, I don't want to jailbreak it, I just want it working.
  7. Kagelou

Kagelou New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Um, if you just got your iPod today, then Im pretty sure it is 3.1.3, which you need PwnageTool 3.1.5 to jailbreak...
  8. christianbrown

christianbrown New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It was actually 3.1.2 and when Itunes read it, it wanted to do an upgrade to 3.1.3. It seems that it is just stuck and nothing can talk to the Ipod to give it instructions. I know that I did wrong though. I applied blackrain RC1 when it should have been RC2. I just don't know what to do about it now. I wish where was some type of way to wipe it.

**Update**
    I let the battery die on the Ipod. I waited about 12 hours. I then connected it to the computer and I tunes came up. I did the recovery using the manual file option (holding the left+shift key and click restore. I then selected the 3.1.2 fw file that I downloaded. (I don't remember where I got it from). It then installed the firmware and the screen turned white and then the apple showed up. I let it finish and it was fine.

I hope this helps someone.
  9. vikboi28

vikboi28 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's exactly how I feel, I just want it to work.

That might be what’s wrong with mine, but I plugged my Ipod into an outlet to charge the battery and nothing popped up on the screen.
  10. jupa

jupa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try stopping the apple mobile device service in services.msc and then try plugging it back in again.