Big problem here!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by hyperforcegoku, Jan 27, 2008.

1. hyperforcegoku

hyperforcegoku New Member

okay i hbave iyunes 7.5 but it wont recongize my ipod touch. what to do i am on a mac.
  2. BoBop123

BoBop123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try updating to the latest version of itunes. Which is 7.6
  3. hyperforcegoku

hyperforcegoku New Member

but dosent 7.6 messup the 1.1.2 jailbreak process
  4. mizelly41

mizelly41 New Member

I have had the same problem. I have no updated back to 7.6 and restored to 1.1.3. I am giving up....

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. windowsexpert08

windowsexpert08 New Member

7.6 will allow you to do it. You are probably going to have to restart the process. So first make sure you have firmware 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and save them somewhere on your computer. Then hit the option button on a mac and click restore (NOTE: DO NOT HIT UPDATE MAKE SURE ITS RESTORE) Then select the 1.1.1 firmware. Jailbreak it once its done installing and go to installer and install oktoprep. Now go to itunes and option click on UPDATE this time. Select 1.1.2 firmware. now do the 1.1.2 jailbreak process by getting that file which you can find in the jailbreak part of the forums. Run the java program in the file for mac and the windows.bat if you have windows. Now restart your ipod completeley. Go into installer and if it asks you to update anything click no. Now download and install bsd subsystem and openssh. Restart your ipod again. Go back to installer and update anything that needs updated. Now do the 1.1.3 jailbreak.

ALSO DO NOT SYNC YOUR SONG BACK ONTO YOUR IPOD AT ANYTIME DURING THIS GUIDE UNTIL YOU GET TO THE END WHEN YOU HAVE JAILBROKEN 1.1.3, SO IN ITUNES WHEN IT ASKS YOU TO AUTO SYNC SONG CHECK NO.
  6. emed795

emed795 New Member

iTunes 7.6 will not break 1.1.2 JB if you follow the JB procedure correctly