Big Problem. Help would be appreciated.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by robdajewels, Jul 10, 2008.

1. robdajewels

robdajewels New Member

My touch was jailbroken on firmware 1.1.1 and i never updated my firmware on my ipod touch until tonight. I did this on accident when it asked me to update my firmware i had hit enter on accident and now my ipod will not let me view my music or videos. Everything seemed to have been erased but I reset/erased all data and settings on my ipod via the ipod touch settings because itunes would not recognize my ipod and after three resets itunes still has not been able to recognize my ipod touch, what do i do? Uninstall and then reinstall itunes? thanks, rob
  2. ThatWasOffTheHook

ThatWasOffTheHook New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im pretty sure its not iTunes. What im guessing ull have to do is force restore it and then put it into 1.1.4. According to what u said, your iPod was in 1.1.4 so i dont think you want to go through all the hassle of downgrading. Just restore to 1.1.4 and then JB from there, its relatively stable to JB this FW. hope this helps.
  3. robdajewels

robdajewels New Member

Thanks guys, i'll tell you how it goes, are those the links for the force restore? i have never done a force restore so excuse me for my naivety.
  4. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    those links were for the 2.0 beta. and theyre GONE!
  5. robdajewels

robdajewels New Member

Oh. then how do i do a force restore?
  6. Totally 1337

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    download ZiPhone and use that to put it into restore mode. then restore!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. ThatWasOffTheHook

ThatWasOffTheHook New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    first youll need to get a copy of 1.1.4 FW, i dont have a link but just search on these forums or on google and ull get one no prob. Download it and then...

1) Hold Both the home button and the sleep/lock button
    2) soon the slide to turn off thingy will show up but just ignore it and keep holding both buttons
    3)ipod will shut off..keep holding both buttons
    4)then apple logo will show up and as soon as it does, let go of the sleep/lock button but kepp holding the home button down
    5) then you will see the itunes sign with a cable on the screen and its in restore mode

Connect it to iTunes and it will say that its detected an iPod In Recovery mode. So then your gonna hold down the shift button and click the restore button on itunes. Then browse to where ever u saved the 1.1.4 FW and hit open. Itl start extracting and doin its thang. Itll take about 5 minutes or so and then itll tell you the iPod Restore is comple and BADABOOM, your back up and running. now all you have to do is JB it.

PLEASE +REP
  8. robdajewels

robdajewels New Member

Thanks A LOT! Man my parents would have been pretty pissed if they knew i broke my ipod touch. You are a life saver. thanks man
  9. Totally 1337

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    (theres no rep system anymore FYI)