Big Howdy

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by MTalley, Jan 12, 2008.

1. MTalley

MTalley New Member

Cool site. Just found my first answer (by using the Search function - what a revelation).

Bought my 8G Touch about 3 days ago and have had a blast. Believe it or not, I bought the Touch to serve as PDA replacement duties, after finding that I was using my former Palm TX for primarily all the things the Touch is best at: Internet browsing, listening to music and watching movies. On top of that, the Touch is the same price as a replacement Palm TX, offers an incredibly nicer user experience, is smaller, the battery lasts longer, and has (in 8G form) four times the available memory (the Palm supports a max of 2G SD storage). Is this the "new PDA"?

Looking forward to the 1.1.3 firmware, as I'm a little hesitant to Jailbreak the Touch right now (though I understand it's generally safe and relatively easy). Still missing three or four apps from the Touch that I was used to using on the Palm on a regular basis.

Former iPods I've owned included a 512MB shuffle (original white "stick" version) and a 2G Nano (original version).

Cheers!
  2. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Welcome to the site hope u have lots of fun keep usin tht search it helps a lot
  3. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    welcome to the fourms
    and enjoy
    same 1.1.3 cant wait
  4. MTalley

MTalley New Member

Thanks for the welcomes. I did actually try to Jailbreak the Touch this evening and it ended in frustration. The jailbreak Java program for the last step kept throwing errors after clicking the Jailbreak button on the dialog. :: shrug ::

Guess I'll just wait for 1.1.3.

Please Register or Log in to view images

(Yes, I searched for literally hours to see what solutions could be found for the above error. Most people seemed to have resolved it, or never got a solid answer. Oh well).